Sign in to follow this  
Cheetah10

Now I'm confused???

Cheetah10

This seller offers 4 items for sale with R10 increments....... I place my bid on 2 of the items at R11 each with a max of R65 each...... (thus R22).... My automatic bid increase subsequently goes up to R55 per item, yet!!!...... the bidder on the other 2 items (same auction) remain at R32....... So the next input price indicated on the listing is R42........ I think... "Hey!!!!..... this is better than my current bid of R55", so I try to place an additional bid for the other 2 items at the listed R42..... The system tells me.... "this is lower than your previous bid" and does not accept it???..... Something is not calculating, or am I missing something here????

admin

Hi Cheetah10,

As you initially only bid on 2 of the 4 items, you will have to bid on 4 of 4 if you want to outbid the other bidder. Unfortunately this is the way the system works.

Cheetah10

Thanks.... I have done so, and I'm currently leading..... but why is it that my bid went up to R55, whilst his bid stayed at R32 (with only R10 increments).... was his bid not supposed to go up before mine???..... (BTW..... I also had to up my max... before my new bid was accepted)

Edited by Cheetah10