Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Sad news.

dstorm    10
dstorm

To all in the Stamp Community

I have just received the terrible news that Mr. Lutz Heffermann (editor and publisher of the SACC) died tragically on Saturday November 1st.

Philately / stamp collecting / buying and selling in South Africa will never be the same without the input and guidance received from Lutz.

His passing is a great loss to South Africa. He leaves behind a void that cannot be filled.

Jacques

alloway65    10
alloway65

Condolences to family, friends & colleagues. A very sad situation. One of the very few stamp dealers that was in business from the 70's & 80's. I hope someone will take over his SACC Legacy.

David & Rose.

gabriel 1    10
gabriel 1

The SACC is an institution, every stamp collectors bible. It is probably the only book that I have really studied from cover to cover numerous times. Condolences to the family, his input into South African Philately was huge.

Gabriel1

AngelaBraun    10
AngelaBraun

LUTZ HEFFERMAN - MY FRIEND AND MENTOR

WE HAVE LOST A MENTOR AND FRIEND WITH THE NEEDLESS MURDER OF LUTZ HEFFERMAN. THE VOID CANNOT BE FILLED WITH HIS UNTIMELY DEATH AND THE PHILATELIC FRATERNITY HAVE LOST THE GREATEST PUBLISHING EDITOR OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN COLOUR CATALOGUE. YOU WILL BE MISSED LUTZ. MAY HIS SOUL R.I.P. CONDOLENCES TO HIS FAMILY, FRIENDS, EMLPOYEES AND ASSOCIATES. YOUR FRIEND ANGELA BRAUN[/b]

zetw    10
zetw

Lutz Hefferman - SACC Condolences

I am saddened by this news. I am new to Philately but one thing is for sure , and that is there is a big void that wont be filled for a long time. I want to thank Mr Hefferman for all his effort in producing a quality guide over the years. Sorry for your loss to the family , friend and colleagues. What happened to Mr Hefferman ??