Sign in to follow this  
ganty01

Econoparcel Delivery Times

ganty01

Hey BoB Forum

I was just wondering how long it takes for a parcel to be delivered within the same city, e.g. PE. Its not the delivery to the post office but the delivery of the slip which I have to hand in which takes a long time. With the item i have currently bought it took 1 day to reach my nearest post office. Great! 6 days for the post office to deliver a slip! (still counting).

Is this normal or have I done something wrong?

meeks
Hey BoB Forum

I was just wondering how long it takes for a parcel to be delivered within the same city, e.g. PE. Its not the delivery to the post office but the delivery of the slip which I have to hand in which takes a long time. With the item i have currently bought it took 1 day to reach my nearest post office. Great! 6 days for the post office to deliver a slip! (still counting).

Is this normal or have I done something wrong?

You do not have to wait for the post office slip.

You can just take your ID and the tracking number, and go to the parcel counter,you sign for the parcel, and it will be handed over to you.

JPBon

Some post offices are slack and dont deliver the slips.

The best thing is to go to the PO with the tracking number and collect.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi ganty01

No you haven't done anything wrong, this is just typical of the post office.

It should take a few working days.

They don't like sending the slips out and there are many cases where they don't bother to send out any slips at all.

I always advise my buyers to track their parcels on the website and once they see it is delivered to their post office to make a printout of the tracking and take it to their post office.

If you do this they can't argue and say the parcel isn't there.

You can also then force them to look for the parcel. I once refused to leave the post office until they found a parcel and eventually it was "found" behind a heater. Makes me wonder who had sticky fingers and was hoping the addressee would not bother to insist on them looking for it after being given the brushoff. It took them an hour, but I got my parcel.

JPBon
Hi ganty01

No you haven't done anything wrong, this is just typical of the post office.

It should take a few working days.

They don't like sending the slips out and there are many cases where they don't bother to send out any slips at all.

I always advise my buyers to track their parcels on the website and once they see it is delivered to their post office to make a printout of the tracking and take it to their post office.

If you do this they can't argue and say the parcel isn't there.

You can also then force them to look for the parcel. I once refused to leave the post office until they found a parcel and eventually it was "found" behind a heater. Makes me wonder who had sticky fingers and was hoping the addressee would not bother to insist on them looking for it after being given the brushoff. It took them an hour, but I got my parcel.

I remember something of a story of Voldermort staging a sit in at one post office.

wayjen

many years ago they used to bring you the slip stating you had a parcel waiting for you at the PO, but now you have to go fetch it yourself taking your ID and tracking number along. What surprised us was, a few weeks back the postman on his bicycle actually delivered to our front door a long overdue parcel from the USA, now that was a shock to the system.

SProducts

I have noticed that when you address is a residential address chances of you getting the collectioon slip are non-existent. But I mostly get the collection slips for all parcels addressed to my postbox, but to my home address I rarely get the notification.

ganty01

would a driving licence be fine instead of an ID?

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes I think so as it has your ID number on it - most places accept that as a form of ID

mellowred
would a driving licence be fine instead of an ID?

It depends on the post office staff. Hermanus main branch insist on an ID - no driver's licence accepted - even though I had been a regular visitor for more than 12 years :sowsuser:

SProducts
It depends on the post office staff. Hermanus main branch insist on an ID - no driver's licence accepted - even though I had been a regular visitor for more than 12 years :sowsuser:

According to the post offie rules they only take an ID book, but some staff take licences. I went to Norkem Park post office and collected a parcel with my licence. A few days later I went there and the teller wanted an ID, after an arguement I went to pick up the ID book. Whats irritating is now I collect from them with a licence, what made her change I dont know.