Sign in to follow this  
nivek456

Sellers not answering questions

nivek456

Hi, I have recently asked a question about postage costs from a seller.The seller did not reply.Now because the seller did not reply the question does not show on the items listing page.This is wrong if the seller does not reply other buyers should be able to see that the seller will not answer questions about postage costs.Have a great day all.Regards Kevin

MiemsJewels
Hi, I have recently asked a question about postage costs from a seller.The seller did not reply.Now because the seller did not reply the question does not show on the items listing page.This is wrong if the seller does not reply other buyers should be able to see that the seller will not answer questions about postage costs.Have a great day all.Regards Kevin

You will be able to see it under "All Questions" on your buyer page, Kevin. If it's not there, it must have been deleted. Miems

Wild Olive Art

Hello Kevin

Not all sellers sit in front of their computers all day waiting to answer buyers questions. Also , from a sellers point of view , when a buyer asks a question , it does not flash across our profiles for us to take note of. Unless a seller actually goes into his/ her profile page and specifically looks to see if there have been questions asked , the question could be missed altogether , so it's not necessarily a case of the seller avoiding your question at all.

There is good reason the questions remain hidden until the seller answers them . Many sellers have been subject to abusive and totally inappropriate questions. Having already explained that a question can be easily missed by a seller , I am sure that you understand it would be most unpleasant to have this type question sitting on your profile for hours or days before the seller has a chance to delete it.

If the seller has not answered your question , may I suggest that you ask it again , or find a different seller with similar items and clear postage fees .

nivek456

HI all,I think the point is being missed here.When you ask a question bob sends to you (the seller) an email telling you so and so has asked a question about item number xyz.If this is an abusive question you can delete it.However when has asking about postal charges been abusive?

I do not buy from sellers unless the postal charges are up front,if there is something I would like to bid on then I will ask about postal charges.

There are a lot of sellers now listing without any postal charges and people are in danger of being ripped off. Enjoy the rest of your day Regards Kevin.

Wild Olive Art

A seller only gets an email from BOB if your settings allow for emails. Some sellers have set their profiles not to receive these emails and therefore they only know that a question has been asked if they check .

A seller is not always available to answer a question immediately and if the question asked was inappropriate or abusive , that question could sit on the sellers profile for hours or days before a seller had a chance to delete it. Therefore , it's not a good idea that questions appear before the seller sees them.

The bottom line is , don't bid unless the shipping charges are clear , then there is no danger of being ripped off.

I agree that it is annoying when a question does not get answered , some sellers are not as attentive as others but mostly I am sure it's just an oversight and not a seller trying to be evasive.

brands online
A seller only gets an email from BOB if your settings allow for emails. Some sellers have set their profiles not to receive these emails and therefore they only know that a question has been asked if they check .

A seller is not always available to answer a question immediately and if the question asked was inappropriate or abusive , that question could sit on the sellers profile for hours or days before a seller had a chance to delete it. Therefore , it's not a good idea that questions appear before the seller sees them.

The bottom line is , don't bid unless the shipping charges are clear , then there is no danger of being ripped off.

I agree that it is annoying when a question does not get answered , some sellers are not as attentive as others but mostly I am sure it's just an oversight and not a seller trying to be evasive.

Agreed, 'sides personally I wouldn't want to deal with someone if they didn't deem it necessary to communicate their shipping costs, either upfront, or by replying my questions. Allow the seller a day or two to reply, if possible or else steer clear and look for another more 'willing' seller. No biggie...

MiemsJewels

a Question asked, is just important as a phone call you don't answer. If you are a seller on Bidorbuy, its just good manners to check on your questions regularly, and answer it. By this you will also buy trust from the buyers.

JPBon

I normally answer questions relatively quickly as I am often online, the one strange thing that I have found of late is that Buyers ask questions I give them almost an instant answer, and never hear from them again.

MiemsJewels
I normally answer questions relatively quickly as I am often online, the one strange thing that I have found of late is that Buyers ask questions I give them almost an instant answer, and never hear from them again.

I experienced the same JP.

nivek456

Hi all,Thanks for the answers and other useful info.The item has ended now and I did not get an answer also it sold with 1 bid and I was willing to pay a lot more for this item. So sellers loss.Regards Kevin

MiemsJewels
Hi all,Thanks for the answers and other useful info.The item has ended now and I did not get an answer also it sold with 1 bid and I was willing to pay a lot more for this item. So sellers loss.Regards Kevin

Yes, if you snooze, you loose. Too bad for that seller Kevin.:smile: