Sign in to follow this  
Dislocate

Does someone here know why....

Dislocate

I have received a 'Payout Request Event" asking for a certified copy of my ID and a utility bill? I've requested a payout before and this didn't happen. I have sent an email querying this, but I thought the chances of me getting a speedier answer here from one of the long time vendors would probably be quicker.

Regards,

Danielle

Edited by Dislocate
extra detail

JPBon

Sorry only thing i can think of is that you changed bank details recently perhaps

Dislocate
Sorry only thing i can think of is that you changed bank details recently perhaps

No, no banking details or any details changed, and I have waited for a new month to ask for a payout (so no fees and such for multiple payouts). I really would like to know, seeing as it's going to be quite some time and trouble and cost for me to get that recent certified ID they want faxed to them!

Lukeness

You cab get a copy of your ID certified at the post office, for free if you scan/photograph and print it out yourself.

Dislocate
You cab get a copy of your ID certified at the post office, for free if you scan/photograph and print it out yourself.

Well, unfortunately I don't have a printer or a fax at home, so getting that certified ID will cost me. Interesting to hear that I can have it certified at the PO, I never knew that.

That aside, is this request genuine? Have others had a 'Payout Request Event' before? I'm very wary of just faxing or emailing out personal documents without understanding why.

admin

Hi Dislocate,

Please check your email, your email was answered just over an hour ago.

JPBon

Yes BoB have many of our Ids etc, I was lucky enough to attend a selling seminar and become a verified seller so they have all our info.

Say Thank you that they care enough to make sure that the majority of us are legit and that they request such things.

Dislocate
Hi Dislocate,

Please check your email, your email was answered just over an hour ago.

I received that email, thank you, and sent a reply with two more questions as I'm afraid I still don't understand what a verification audit is, or why I was chosen for it.

Thanks in advance for your reply, whether via mail or forum post.

Dislocate
Yes BoB have many of our Ids etc, I was lucky enough to attend a selling seminar and become a verified seller so they have all our info.

Say Thank you that they care enough to make sure that the majority of us are legit and that they request such things.

I can certainly understand that you appreciate security measures and so do I. However, in light of all the very genuine looking scam/phishing emails that appear to be from banks or service providers, and identity theft and such, I'm sure you can understand why I want to make very sure of the who and why before I send out my personal documentation.

Libertas Computers

Hi Dislocate,

According to my knowledge this is merely a random spot check from BidOrBuy to prevent fraud. Even though you have made earlier payouts they will every now and then stop someone and first make sure that everything is in order.

But I understand your fears with regards to identity theft etc and I see nothing wrong with you questioning the authenticity of this.

Not sure if I'm answering it the way you want it, but with financial audits it is impossible to check each and every transaction that takes place, so what we do is merely check a certain amount of transactions (Say 5 - 10%) and then decide if it is sufficient to say that all is in order or not.

Translate this into an verification audit the same principle applies. BoB can't check every single seller's identity, so they will every now and then check up on payout requests.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Dislocate
Hi Dislocate,

According to my knowledge this is merely a random spot check from BidOrBuy to prevent fraud. Even though you have made earlier payouts they will every now and then stop someone and first make sure that everything is in order.

But I understand your fears with regards to identity theft etc and I see nothing wrong with you questioning the authenticity of this.

Not sure if I'm answering it the way you want it, but with financial audits it is impossible to check each and every transaction that takes place, so what we do is merely check a certain amount of transactions (Say 5 - 10%) and then decide if it is sufficient to say that all is in order or not.

Translate this into an verification audit the same principle applies. BoB can't check every single seller's identity, so they will every now and then check up on payout requests.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Hi Fred,

yes, you've answered exactly what I was asking. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this!

Regards,

Danielle

Libertas Computers

Hi Danielle,

No trouble..

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Regards,

Fred