Sign in to follow this  
shellbee

why has this buyer not been blacklisted?

shellbee

Can anyone tell me why this buyer has not been blacklisted - just look at his negative and neutral ratings. Clearly he bids and does not bother to pay. I have filed an snc but I wonder if all the other sellers have done the same. Surely, just on the strenght of non-payment he can be blacklisted?

All ratings received by emwee1712 on bidorbuy.co.za

Wild Olive Art

If a buyer like this bids on my items I delete the bid right away . I always check buyers ratings when people bid and have no hesitation deleting bids if the buyer has previous negative ratings for non payment. Its not worth the expense and the headache taking the risk of allowing the bid and hoping payment will be received.

I don't think a rating of 95% is poor enough to justify blacklisting and I do think that the responsibility also lies with sellers to delete bids from buyers like this one .

MiemsJewels
Can anyone tell me why this buyer has not been blacklisted - just look at his negative and neutral ratings. Clearly he bids and does not bother to pay. I have filed an snc but I wonder if all the other sellers have done the same. Surely, just on the strenght of non-payment he can be blacklisted?

All ratings received by emwee1712 on bidorbuy.co.za

It can also be that the buyer's got some problems. I had seen worse buyers than this one.

shellbee

The problem with this buyer is that the negative ratings are pretty much consistently the same thing - they bid/buy and then do not pay. Not only that (in my case)he has failed to reply to 7 emails over a period of 3 weeks! My sale was a "Buy Now" and not an auction - clearly did not have the option of deleting a bid. This is also the case with most of the negative ratings :evil:

mellowred

The negatives also go back a long way. He at least needs a warning from BoB.

Seven Veils Trading

The problem seems to be not so much with the shipping charges, but that they are not stated clearly upfront. I don't think a seller can ethically alter shipping rates after an auction has been won; I recently posted an item to Lesotho - and quoted for local rates. Of course, SAPO charges international shipping to Lesotho. I had no choice but to send the item as I had already quoted on the shipping.

On the other hand, with my eBay auctions, I always list free shipping, and build the cost of the postage into the item. So there's no shock to the client. The price he says, is the price he gets.

Ergo, offshore sellers should make it clear what the shipping is to SA, to avoid problems like the one faced by Royalty

shellbee

Sorry, Seven Veils, but my shipping charges are VERY clearly listed - perhaps you have responded here to an incorrect thread?

My problem with this buyer is that he is buying up all these books for resale in his book shop! To make matters worse I sent off these books to him prior to his paying me as I only ship one day of the week and did not want him to have to wait - this is not about the little bit of money that I have lost but that this man is ripping off sellers, collectively. Come BOB, you really should show some responsibilty here and do something about this chap - he is clearly a fraudster!

qball
Sorry, Seven Veils, but my shipping charges are VERY clearly listed - perhaps you have responded here to an incorrect thread?

My problem with this buyer is that he is buying up all these books for resale in his book shop! To make matters worse I sent off these books to him prior to his paying me as I only ship one day of the week and did not want him to have to wait - this is not about the little bit of money that I have lost but that this man is ripping off sellers, collectively. Come BOB, you really should show some responsibilty here and do something about this chap - he is clearly a fraudster!

Sorry, why must we shoulder the responsibility here? :confused: You shipped goods off without payment, now it becomes our problem? We can certainly issue the buyer with a warning and possibly disable but blacklisting is not going to happen in this instance. You are making a very serious allegation here about the buyer being a fraudster... I would caution you with regards to labelling people due to an error on your part. It doesn't make it right that he hasn't paid you but to call the buyer a fraudster is taking it a little too far.

Seven Veils Trading

Hello Shellbee - beginners mistake! I did indeed post on two threads. But, I don't see why buying for resale is a bad thing - that's what market do - JSE, or the art market - any platform, where assets are bought and sold. Many people buy items here for resale.

But as the bald guy says, don't ever, ship before getting payment. Lose customers if you must, but make sure you get payment upfront. The rules on Bob are clear. There's no reason to lose money as a seller because of non payment. Once you have the cash in your bank, send the item.

shellbee

Come now, qball....I certainly did not ask you to shoulder the resposibilty. All I am doing is excercising my right of opinion here. The R100.00 that was lost (or my sale, for that matter) is hardly the point. The purpose of the thread was to simply point out that this buyer has a history of bidding and not paying - simple (quite a bad one, at that). He is buying up books, not paying for them and selling them in his (physical) shop. Even worse, declines to answer emails and I see has not responded to my snc - that makes him dishonest. Do we need dishonest people on BOB....no, we don't no matter what we lable him. :smile:

Seeds for Africa
Come now, qball....I certainly did not ask you to shoulder the resposibilty. All I am doing is excercising my right of opinion here. The R100.00 that was lost (or my sale, for that matter) is hardly the point. The purpose of the thread was to simply point out that this buyer has a history of bidding and not paying - simple (quite a bad one, at that). He is buying up books, not paying for them and selling them in his (physical) shop. Even worse, declines to answer emails and I see has not responded to my snc - that makes him dishonest. Do we need dishonest people on BOB....no, we don't no matter what we lable him. :smile:

I in error shipped about R130 of goods to a buyer who hadnt paid. The buyer never paid. My point here is, at R130 it was very cheap "school fees". I would write it off to "school fees" and forget about it. The time and energy you are putting into it (and stress) just isnt worth it!

And on your second point about him buying things for resale in his shop - A sale is a sale - I am not sure that what the buyers do with items they buy has anything to do with a seller. You list an item at a price, a buyer buys it - end of story.

I also believe it would make sense to invite the buyer to this thread.

Thanks

shellbee

Goodness gracious me, yet again my simple point has been misdunderstood. The whole point of this entire thread was to make BOB aware of the dishonesty of this buyer - with respect GAMU Trading you have also missed the point. Did you look at the buyers ratings? R100.00 in my life is precious little - the fact that a buyer is costing a number of sellers over and over and over again is the point - if he does not pay for his goods, ignores, numerous emails and does not respond to an snc why would he visit this thread - if it was a single offence maybe but he is doing the same thing over and over again. Just wanted to bring this to the attention of BOB - all for now. I am closing down on this thread - you are right, I am wasting my valuable time.

qball

Actually you did... if you re-read your initial post. What you state in your post is an opinion, one which can be deemed as slanderous, defamatory and an assumption and as such we must caution you on such comments. The buyer has been warned about the negative ratings and his account disabled, however, we have noticed he has not logged on since the 4th June.

My advice to you and all sellers, never ship goods off without payment - it really sounds like you're asking bidorbuy to take responsibility for that... :nuts: