Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Shipping Costs of Imported Items already in SA

Seeds for Africa

Can someone at bob, please clarify. I was doing a quick scan through the Friday snap auctions. I came accross a few sellers who have the items they are selling in SA, yet they have high shipping fees justifying that, because the items are imported. How does that all work? Surely if the item is already in SA the cost of importation should be included in the product price? I can understand (but dont agree with what they charge) overseas shipping rates and drop shipping rates, but when an item is in SA, surely the cost of getting it here must be included.

JPBon

You are quite correct, this just means they are trying to avoid paying bob fees.

SProducts
Can someone at bob, please clarify. I was doing a quick scan through the Friday snap auctions. I came accross a few sellers who have the items they are selling in SA, yet they have high shipping fees justifying that, because the items are imported. How does that all work? Surely if the item is already in SA the cost of importation should be included in the product price? I can understand (but dont agree with what they charge) overseas shipping rates and drop shipping rates, but when an item is in SA, surely the cost of getting it here must be included.

I will suggest you report them to Community Watch as it seems illegal to me.

SProducts
You are quite correct, this just means they are trying to avoid paying bob fees.

This way they will also avoid selling at a loss as they will recoup some costs through shipping fees which is also illegal in itself.