Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Help-we have created a monster!!!!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Remember when CRAZY WED had 60 items on sale?That was a mere 3 years ago when i started feeding the insatiable monster that has now become crazy wed,

The monsters appetite cannot be appeased,swallowing the good with the bad at the speed of an avalanche and as such an irresistable force that cannot be stopped.

Superb collections are offered and the monster sniffs with pretentiousness,walks away and then makes his move on the unsuspecting seller.

Fabulous unmounted mint sets are eaten and discarded with disdain at a fraction of their worth but the demand keeps growing.Where to find the food to feed this monster.

Varieties and out of the ordinary items are pounced upon gleefully and gobbled up as an aperitif to the main course.

Poor quality items with hidden defects are offered to this monster with regularity and he surprises himself with the ease he can consume these and they do not clog the bowels of this monster as he clears his stomache regularly awaiting the next feed.

Huge estate collections(not really from any estate) but the monster demands these as he gorges himself on an array of poor quaility and schoolboy collections and boxes filled with whatever he wants and that will never be able to fill his appetite .

MANDELA memorabilia and political collectibles have not escaped the beady eye of this monster and he searches them out with the stealth of a wolf and the tact of a gorilla,wading through the minefield as he decides which are suitable for the main course.

Among all this the monster has grown many tentacles to grasp at us all and he now controls many of us,making us work like demons to find the food for his feeding frenzies,some will remain ethical and some will turn the blind eye in the hope of making a fast buck ,but we cannot escape form his vice like grip .

He has us all by the balls and he will never let go-Not this monster called CRAZY WEDNESDAY

NEIL

dstorm

Hello Neil

You seem like the ideal person to join our whisky club.

But very seriously, I think you need a vacation. If I remember correctly, not a single Wednesday went past since early 2008 without you listing on the Crazy Wednesday Auction.

I could not agree more on the following:Fabulous unmounted mint sets are eaten and discarded with disdain at a fraction of their worth……. Varieties and out of the ordinary items are pounced upon…… Poor quality items with hidden defects are offered…… Huge estate collections(not really from any estate......

Regards

Jacques

MiemsJewels
Remember when CRAZY WED had 60 items on sale?That was a mere 3 years ago when i started feeding the insatiable monster that has now become crazy wed,

The monsters appetite cannot be appeased,swallowing the good with the bad at the speed of an avalanche and as such an irresistable force that cannot be stopped.

Superb collections are offered and the monster sniffs with pretentiousness,walks away and then makes his move on the unsuspecting seller.

Fabulous unmounted mint sets are eaten and discarded with disdain at a fraction of their worth but the demand keeps growing.Where to find the food to feed this monster.

Varieties and out of the ordinary items are pounced upon gleefully and gobbled up as an aperitif to the main course.

Poor quality items with hidden defects are offered to this monster with regularity and he surprises himself with the ease he can consume these and they do not clog the bowels of this monster as he clears his stomache regularly awaiting the next feed.

Huge estate collections(not really from any estate) but the monster demands these as he gorges himself on an array of poor quaility and schoolboy collections and boxes filled with whatever he wants and that will never be able to fill his appetite .

MANDELA memorabilia and political collectibles have not escaped the beady eye of this monster and he searches them out with the stealth of a wolf and the tact of a gorilla,wading through the minefield as he decides which are suitable for the main course.

Among all this the monster has grown many tentacles to grasp at us all and he now controls many of us,making us work like demons to find the food for his feeding frenzies,some will remain ethical and some will turn the blind eye in the hope of making a fast buck ,but we cannot escape form his vice like grip .

He has us all by the balls and he will never let go-Not this monster called CRAZY WEDNESDAY

NEIL

Well said Neil, it really sounds like a horror movie named "CRAZY WEDNESDAY" :cry:

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Hello Neil

You seem like the ideal person to join our whisky club.

But very seriously, I think you need a vacation. If I remember correctly, not a single Wednesday went past since early 2008 without you listing on the Crazy Wednesday Auction.

I could not agree more on the following:Fabulous unmounted mint sets are eaten and discarded with disdain at a fraction of their worth……. Varieties and out of the ordinary items are pounced upon…… Poor quality items with hidden defects are offered…… Huge estate collections(not really from any estate......

Regards

Jacques

You are so right,but would there enough whisky to go around?,From what i gather that club has its own insatiable thirst that can never be satisfied!!

neil

lilythepink

How beautifully you write, Neil. This should definitely be made into a horror movie! :bigsmile:

voldermort
You are so right,but would there enough whisky to go around?,From what i gather that club has its own insatiable thirst that can never be satisfied!!

neil

too true :wink:

dstorm

Hello Neil and Samantha

It is nothing about thirst.

Buy a bottle of QUALITY whisky. Invite some GOOD friends around with a DECENT knowledge of philately. Have some FINE conversation (preferably about SUPERIOR stamps and an EXCELLENT stamp market).

Try it soon and have a BRILLIANT time.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

PS: ALL the adjectives were taken from my whisky guide.

Edited by dstorm

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Jacques

If i could afford a decent bottle of whisky i would certainly enjoy it on my lonesome!!:rolleyes:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

NEIL

I thought i would ressurect this thread for the perusal of some newcomers to the stamp dept on bob.

The monster has quietened down a little due to economic times but he is still lurking around and its still difficult to keep feeding him to the point of keeping him satisfied.

neil

alloway65

He has us all by the balls and he will never let go-Not this monster called CRAZY WEDNESDAY.

Unquote

Fortunately the ladies will escape the monster as the monster will have nothing to grab on to.

I think nothing beats the Homelands frenzy of the 1980's, where there appeared to be a stamp dealer in every shopping centre and on every street corner.......and a lot of short term money was made.

Rendezvous Stamps

More serious than you think

What's the use of complaining? There are a few sellers that I would certainly buy from again, and then there are those that don't deserve to even be selling. Bob has been flooded by amateurs, or people trying to make a quick buck and slowly, but very surely, taking command of the pricing of the stamps. This does not bode well for collectors as the market value is not being justified, and makes our collections almost worthless.

I have now made a simple and straight forward rule. Everything that I have as "overstock, duplicate or not in my field of interest" is now for sale on an overseas based website. Soon my whole collection will be up for grabs (anyone interested)? Back in 1976, when I started collecting, I thought that it would be an investment. Boy, was I wrong!!!!

It's far to easy for sellers to re-list unsold items, and the pattern that I have noticed is that stamps that i looked at in 2008 are still on the website. I even tried a few listings myself, but they disappeared in the ocean of unsaleable cr@p, never to be seen again.

Get rid of the junk that is clogging Bob, and you will probably sell more. I won't be buying again (unless I know the seller) until the cr@p has gone. Don't blame the buyers, blame the sellers!!!!!