Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Buyers asking for banking info

Cali Craft and Gems

I have noticed a considerable increase in buyer's asking for the banking details for EFT payments.

As I only offer BoBPay EFT and credit card for payments, the buyers' don't seem to understand that I do not have access to this information. I send them a polite email stating how they must proceed with the system to get this info.

This is becoming particularly irritating as many emails are the request for bank info. Is there possibly not a way that the buyers can be "spoon fed" through the buying process - especially for newbies?

Another thing I've noticed is that buyers are NOT reading the shipping information section - I clearly state when parcels are to be posted, and I still get streams of emails from buyers wanting to know when their parcel is going to be shipped or wanting tracking numbers - sometimes within hours of payment. I feel like I'm repeating myself this side like a broken record - over and over again.

Am I the only seller with these frustrations?

wayjen

nope!! We get it almost daily where a buyer asks for our details. makes you wonder what the checkout part of BoB looks like if there are no banking details there.

babyface2

also get this daily, either bank details or shipping. once you explain the process only half do the required actions:cry: now some more time wasted on educating, really frustrating.

TS Ron

They have not completed the order on bidorbuy in order to get your banking details! Perhaps they do not understand that the order has to be completed!

JPBon

I can help you all here forward me the mails and I will reply and send them my banking details etc.

Cali Craft and Gems

@ JP - almost caught me there... :)

@ asecon - the thing is that most of the buyers have completed the transaction, but don't go further than entering the shipping info - ie. they don't go lower on the page to select the required payment option.

And for those who do actually select the payment option, and get the reference number, they close the window, then ask me for the info! Grrr...

wayjen

not completed the order? half the time it is people with 1 - 100 ratings that ask for your details not just newbies, makes me wonder if they been spoon fed to get those ratings..

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I can help you all here forward me the mails and I will reply and send them my banking details etc.

Thanks JP-You are a star to go to all that trouble to help your fellow man/woman!!!:nuts:

MiemsJewels

JP, that's a BRILLIANT idea. You can also forward some of the e-mails to me Cali C. I'm also willing to help you out!!:bigsmile:

JPBon

I aim to help wherever I can.:bigsmile:

Cali Craft and Gems

Now now peeps... all I'm prepared to hand over at this stage is the workload - starting with a cold so feeling super-miserable! Suppose this is nature's way of forcing me to bed at a reasonable hour! LOL

bekka87266

Last month along, I had to make 4 five-minute-long calls to buyers explaining how to open their big shiny eyes and pay via BoBpay.

One buyer, after 3 attempts with emails, calls and 3page long sms, still asked me for my banking detail.

So I gave in, gave her my own banking detail, also stating that she must add extra charges for cash deposit...(which I totally jinxed myself with)

You guys can kinda guess what happened afterwards.

R20.00 service charge from my bank and R30 of my airtime and 72 hours of my time later, I made 10 bucks profit. Yeah.:nuts:

qball

It's very simple - the buyer must complete the order - they are advised of this by email and prompted on the page to do so, it they follow the pretty easy, straight forward process, they get to a page which asks them who they bank with so we can then supply them with the corresponding bank account that we have with the same bank, for them to complete the payment. It can't get any easier than that.

qball

We provide a very big green button that says GET EFT INSTRUCTIONS... :nuts:

JPBon
It's very simple - the buyer must complete the order - they are advised of this by email and prompted on the page to do so, it they follow the pretty easy, straight forward process, they get to a page which asks them who they bank with so we can then supply them with the corresponding bank account that we have with the same bank, for them to complete the payment. It can't get any easier than that.

Uhm can we have audio prompts maybe, it seems many buyers they cannot read, boss.

wayjen
We provide a very big green button that says GET EFT INSTRUCTIONS... :nuts:

the buyers are color blind Cuan. Ask Mac to write the word "GREEN" there instead or for those that cannot read, just mention a animated gif to show them what they must do.

Cali Craft and Gems

Even though things are have been made as "easy as possible", there are still buyers' who cannot understand the concept of "Get EFT Instructions". Plenty of enquiries are along the lines that they want to make a cash deposit so where are the details - uhm... "you can use the same info"...

I've now been giving out my private bank account info cos some buyers just can't seem to grasp that the info is online and they get impatient with me. The one buyer states that as she uses cellphone banking, she is unable to insert the code provided for the payment and as such cannot use the BoB system for payment.

The main reason I opted to use the BoB payment system is to avoid dishing out my private info (for numerous reasons, besides it just being less complicated looking for payments in one place!).

SProducts

I have noticed some buyer click on BobPay EFT and when they get Bidorbuy banking details they come back and ask for the seller's details. One buyer told me he doesnt want to pay to Bidorbuy's account but directly to mine.

Another buyer requested confirmation that it was okay if they pay to Bidorbuy's account.

It does confuse some buyers.

bekka87266
I have noticed some buyer click on BobPay EFT and when they get Bidorbuy banking details they come back and ask for the seller's details. One buyer told me he doesnt want to pay to Bidorbuy's account but directly to mine.

Another buyer requested confirmation that it was okay if they pay to Bidorbuy's account.

It does confuse some buyers.

One buyer asked me how GENUINE is this Bob site...:wtf:

If you kinda know it's fake, why still shop on it???