Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

Problems with deleting bids at the last minute!

SProducts

I had an item on auction, a buyer sends a bid cancellation request a few hours before the item closes. As per regulations I do that and delete the bid, now the runner up becomes the winner. The runner emails after winning that he has no money to pay for the item as he was outbid and cant pay for the item.

Now I have to file SNC and rate the buyer, I cant rate them negative as they did nothing wrong. Even a neutral sounds unfair to them as they lost the bid fairly.

My problem is the guilty part freely walks away leaving a lot of mess behind and they will continue to do so again and again.

I know the developers have too much on their list already, but is there a possibility to look into the following?

1. The ability that I can block a buyer who have asked for a bid to be deleted.

2. The ability for the runner up to repond if they accept the current bid status. If they dont accept the auction then the auction can continue and if no one outbids the runner up then the auction can close without winners and no success fees charged.

Sipho

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Sipho

I think your suggestions are a very good idea and it should help to cut down on non-paying bidders

qball

Point 2 makes sense, but point 1 I doubt we will implement.

kebs

Point 2 does make a lot of sense, but surely if you are bidding on an item, you enter the amount you can / are prepared to pay? So the runner up should have been been able to cover his highest bid? Is there a notice when bidding that states that if the highest bidder pulls out for whatever reason, that the second highest bid is then applicable? If there is, then your runner up should have taken note & been prepared to pay his highest bid..

JPBon
Point 2 does make a lot of sense, but surely if you are bidding on an item, you enter the amount you can / are prepared to pay? So the runner up should have been been able to cover his highest bid? Is there a notice when bidding that states that if the highest bidder pulls out for whatever reason, that the second highest bid is then applicable? If there is, then your runner up should have taken note & been prepared to pay his highest bid..

hi Kebs you probably find that once he was out bid he went and spent somewhere else, so one cant really hold him liable.

SProducts
hi Kebs you probably find that once he was out bid he went and spent somewhere else, so one cant really hold him liable.

True that, most bidders decide to look at something else once they're outbid.

Just Beachin

I found when you file a SNC where both members agreed not to proceed with the sale, you have no opportunity to rate or be rated.

Edited by Just Beachin

qball
I found when you file a SNC where both members agreed not to proceed with the sale, you have no opportunity to rate or be rated.

Technically no sale/transaction took place therefore no rating would be permitted.