Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

A silly practical Tip

BeadsandBaubles

Hi Fellow Crafters

I'm so chuffed with myself at figuring this out I thought I'd share this solution to this silly little problem I've had. :thinking:

I've been at wits end trying to figure out how to keep those bits of STRETCH CORD neat, tried carding, spooling, you name it. The stuff is so 'rubbery' that when I tried carding the little pieces the only way to keep it neat is to stretch it a bit and hook it into the slots, which made me wonder for how long it would keep its stretch if stored like this.

This morning while stringing straws (slit and curled they make all sorts of interesting party decorations) I accidently found the solution to the dilemma.

:weird: I know its somewhat silly, but it works. About 2 to 4cm of straw can be cut lengthwise, the cord can be rolled neatly and flattened, and the piece of straw opened up and rolled around it. Works like a bomb. The straw closes up tightly around the cord, keeping it in place. Works with all sorts of beading threads, and beats having to card or spool. It also makes a difference in the storage, instead of packets or cards there are now these compact and neat little straws lying in a row in my beading box. They also look quite neat packed in a row in a ziplock baggie for selling of those 'per meter' lengths.

Happy Beading!

lilythepink

Excellent tip. Thanks for sharing it.

Pathway

Clever! Thank you!!