Sign in to follow this  
Diva By Design

Help with setting up shipping fees

Diva By Design

I wonder if someone can help me with this. I'm trying to set up shipping fees for a particular auction that doesn't allow combining items. This is because it's already very heavy and extremely fragile, and the more fragile items I put in the box, the bigger the chances are that it will break. The new shipping fees set-up system doesn't allow for this though. If I leave the additional items field blank, it says additional items free? I see some sellers have set up their listings so it doesn't allow for combining, but I've no clue how to do this.

Thanks!

mellowred

Silly suggestion, but would it work if you had First item R50 (for instance) and then put the same rate (R50) for each additional item (?). Type the explanation in your description.

Diva By Design
Silly suggestion, but would it work if you had First item R50 (for instance) and then put the same rate (R50) for each additional item (?). Type the explanation in your description.

Thank you, I went back to check it out (having your suggestion in mind), and if I disable the shipping method for the product class, it allows me to just put in a description without throwing in the pre-set shipping charges. Feeling a bit stupid now for not trying it before coming here (and to think, I'm paid to develop web sites :nuts:).

I think this is a bit of an oversight on BoB's side though, the system should allow for us to choose whether or not we'd like to combine. Oh well, at least it's a solution to the problem.

JPBon

The way of doing it to not allow combining is to put in the same fee by the way.

mellowred
Thank you, I went back to check it out (having your suggestion in mind), and if I disable the shipping method for the product class, it allows me to just put in a description without throwing in the pre-set shipping charges. Feeling a bit stupid now for not trying it before coming here (and to think, I'm paid to develop web sites :nuts:).

I think this is a bit of an oversight on BoB's side though, the system should allow for us to choose whether or not we'd like to combine. Oh well, at least it's a solution to the problem.

I had endless problems with the shipping rates. Now I have just created as many product classes as I can with the same description on each. Took time, but saves confusion in the long run.

To be honest, when these shipping methods and product classes first came out I got so confused I still just have one shipping method created.

JP, do you know how many product classes we can create?

JPBon
I had endless problems with the shipping rates. Now I have just created as many product classes as I can with the same description on each. Took time, but saves confusion in the long run.

To be honest, when these shipping methods and product classes first came out I got so confused I still just have one shipping method created.

JP, do you know how many product classes we can create?

Sorry I am not sure

Diva By Design

Thank you JP, now I know. I'm just trying to get rid of piles and piles of stuff - my family seem to think I'm a museum or something, they bring me everything they've collected over the years - but I at least want to make sure I do this right, and don't rip off the buyers or shoot myself in the foot.

booksallsizes

I have a question (just setting up shipping fees, in a haze of confusion...): If you have a product class for under 1kg and one for over 1kg, what happens when a buyer buys on item in each class and goes to checkout? Does it show the higher amount postage? And am I making sense because I don't think I really know what I'm doing? :wondering:

booksallsizes

Never mind - just trawled through a whole lot of explanations and I think I get it! :idea: