Sign in to follow this  
Royalty2008

Shipping charge increases in R1.00 auctions

Royalty2008

As I have already mentioned you do find Sellers if they realize that they will have a loss at the end of the auction they suddenly increases the shipping charges. I also now noticed the same thing. It is a relatively new Seller on BoB with a couple of ratings, but on the weekend specials, some shipping is R45.00 which is the norm and then all of a sudden for a duvet cover set which is not so heavy the Seller charges R99.00. For a keyholder with the grand goodies attached to it also R99.00, because I got it for cheap.

Here is one of the links.

[email=http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/39284443/High_resolution_720_480_Pixle_Car_Key_Style_Hidden_Pinhole_Camera_Mini_Spy_Recorder.html]http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/39284443/High_resolution_720_480_Pixle_Car_Key_Style_Hidden_Pinhole_Camera_Mini_Spy_Recorder.html[/email]

Royalty2008

This morning I received an email from Seller stating the following: "

Dear Buyer,

The product was shipped from oversees for R 200 and I am only adding R99

Please add R99 shipping for each order as I mentioned in the Ad listing.

Thanks for your support.

lilythepink

That is absolutely not acceptable! If import costs/customs duties were not mentioned in the listing then you should definitely not be charged for them!

Report pronto to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and ask them to check whether the seller is an authorised drop-shipper! If not - this seller is totally out of bounds and needs to be reprimanded!

Royalty2008
That is absolutely not acceptable! If import costs/customs duties were not mentioned in the listing then you should definitely not be charged for them!

Report pronto to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and ask them to check whether the seller is an authorised drop-shipper! If not - this seller is totally out of bounds and needs to be reprimanded!

Thank you, I have sent an email to them.

kyle2
This morning I received an email from Seller stating the following: "

Dear Buyer,

The product was shipped from oversees for R 200 and I am only adding R99

Please add R99 shipping for each order as I mentioned in the Ad listing.

Thanks for your support.

WT Hey? so the shipping is R299? Thats so not ok!:shock:

Royalty2008
WT Hey? so the shipping is R299? Thats so not ok!:shock:

Ja, he is not the only culprit.

Diva By Design

Sorry to say, but all the dropshippers are taking us for a ride with their exorbitant shipping fees. The truth is, that I have never paid more than $20 for a parcel from China - and then said parcel contained more than one item. At the going exchange rate that R135. Heck, when I still had my bridal studio, I'd import gowns from China (so extremely heavy) and the postage would be between $10 and $30, and the dropshippers here want to tell me it costs them R350 to send an MP 3 player? Bull. Then, they charge R200 or R100 for every extra item - and you still have to pay import/customs duties. They're recovering their costs through their high postage fees and it's an absolute rip-off. You think you're getting a bargain, but when you add everything up, it's cheaper to buy local (in most cases). I absolutely refuse to buy from dropshippers or sellers in Hong Kong who think they can charge me R300 to send a mascara.

Royalty2008
Sorry to say, but all the dropshippers are taking us for a ride with their exorbitant shipping fees. The truth is, that I have never paid more than $20 for a parcel from China - and then said parcel contained more than one item. At the going exchange rate that R135. Heck, when I still had my bridal studio, I'd import gowns from China (so extremely heavy) and the postage would be between $10 and $30, and the dropshippers here want to tell me it costs them R350 to send an MP 3 player? Bull. Then, they charge R200 or R100 for every extra item - and you still have to pay import/customs duties. They're recovering their costs through their high postage fees and it's an absolute rip-off. You think you're getting a bargain, but when you add everything up, it's cheaper to buy local (in most cases). I absolutely refuse to buy from dropshippers or sellers in Hong Kong who think they can charge me R300 to send a mascara.

Ja, what surprises me is that I bought from a Seller located in China and the shipping plus all the items I had bought is under R300.00 including shipping.

Diva By Design
Ja, what surprises me is that I bought from a Seller located in China and the shipping plus all the items I had bought is under R300.00 including shipping.

I rest my case :blink1:

kyle2

The quandary here is that Bob allows this seeing that the fees/profit they make relate to the value of the item sold and not on the shipping fees. There is a wonderful 'Loophole' here that dropshippers are readily exploiting. I bring stuff in from China, the States and elsewhere from time to time and I don't even pay half of the fees for twice or more of the volume these dropshippers are dealing with. Without a doubt, they are making a tidy profit from the shipping costs.

The culprits are easily identifiable on the R1 auctions

mellowred

This loophole is allowing the R1 auction listings to be jammed up with these "con" listings.

This is really a pity, as sellers with genuine R1 auctions may just be wasting their listing fees :disgusted:

Royalty2008

Easydeals is now threatening me to be blacklisted as I did not adhere to his R99.00 shipping charges.

I did mention in my listing that it costs R99 but you following the other listings amounts!

What a waste of time dealing with you.

For sure I will refund you if BoB decides that, but you still have to be a good buyer or you will be black listed.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Check here to see for yourself: This is the email I have sent to him for not sending my items.

No, you agreed on the payment amount. You cannot chop and change your shipping charges. On the same day you listed all the items you had bought from other Sellers and resold it. All the other stuff you sold your shipping was R45.00. For these two items I had won your shipping all of a sudden is R99.00 per item whilst you had bought it from Sellers where you only paid the normal shipping charges.

Surveillance DVR - High resolution 720*480 Pixle Car Key Style Hidden Pinhole Camera, Mini HD Spy Recorder was sold for R27.00 on 24 Apr at 21:00 by WonderDeal in Hong Kong (ID:36708507)

This one you bought from Wonderdeal, now I must actually refund you for your shipping cost.

The duvet cover set you bought from Evelines.

Other Bedding - NEW ARRIVALS!!! 6 PICE DOUBLE BED SIZE WONDERFUL DUVET COVER SET was sold for R90.00 on 30 May at 18:02 by evelines in Johannesburg (ID:37629456)

This Auction has closed with winners. If you are a winning bidder

View all items in the bidorbuy category Other Bedding. View other items offered by evelines (1596 rating5.gif)

Winning Bidders

R90.00, on 20 May 21:01, by EASY DEALS (66 rating2.gif)

If you are a winning bidder

Vinyl Lady Decals

This is just a threat, he cannot get you blacklisted.

He can only block you, give a negative and file an SNC.

You have no negative ratings and bob will not blacklist you for something like this.

He also has to refund your entire payment as per the CPA (no deductions for bank charges etc)

Royalty2008
This is just a threat, he cannot get you blacklisted.

He can only block you, give a negative and file an SNC.

You have no negative ratings and bob will not blacklist you for something like this.

He also has to refund your entire payment as per the CPA (no deductions for bank charges etc)

He is very adamant and arrogant. He wants it his way. If you check all his stuff that is listed he bought from other Sellers. No unique item appears in his listings. If you compare the rating he receives from that Seller you can check from that Seller he only goes and relist it under his name. What is very strange to me, is that he has already relisted my two items. I have noticed it now.

mellowred

I'm not sure what the issue is, is it the R99 shipping per item? Or the fact that he buys the items on BoB and then sells them at a profit on BoB?

It is a rip-off charging R99 to ship the items, but he does state the postage on each listing - so you should have asked him if he combines for free. The fact that he doesn't makes it obvious that he is profiting from postage and should be reported to BoB - but you should have read the listing and should not have bid.

As to buying and selling items at a profit ... isn't that what we all do?

medley
mellowred

He has now changed to "Registered mail" and R99 + R45 for combining. So maybe he did hear that it is not good practice to charge R99 per item.:noworry:

lilythepink
He has now changed to "Registered mail" and R99 + R45 for combining. So maybe he did hear that it is not good practice to charge R99 per item.:noworry:

That is still an absolute rip-off!

luckybird

Sorry this was supposed to be a quote from some of the responses. think i made a mistake somewhere

Although i totally agree with you that in many cases there is a perception of suppliers here in china who are overcharging for shipping the facts are that shipping is expensive and its a bit more complex than simply applying the same reasoning from one product to another. We are from China and some small cheap items we have sold for at little as R9.98 shipping to south Africa the vast majority of our items we ship for just R40 to R80.

For the most part we do not use HK mail it maybe cheap but it takes too long and when items go missing it costs us money, we ship to an address in SA we generally take care of all import costs unless its items outside our normal sales scope or larger volumes which go direct to the clients. Items are Shipped to the clients using SAPO.

My point im trying to make though is that each commodity is different a simple mp3 can conceivably cost R350 Almost all courier companies now refuse to send items with batteries and it seems ridiculous but they don't sent them we generally have no choice but to use expensive shipping channels, Some and probably most people cheat, they send it by post and even though 90% of them may get through there is a very real chance it is intercepted. Sometimes your missing post is simply intercepted post, because a supplier is doing something illegal.

Some suppliers maybe adding their own insurance in-case this kind of thing happens we generally stay clear of these products unless we have arranged a full air freight shipment or a sea container shipment.

put into prospective we are allot cheaper to send items to the world than your local fees, but that's a relative term, what is cheap we still seem to pay for the wing of a plane each time we send goods, we spend an average of 10 000 a week sending goods to SA. if its not freight we paying up to 100 per kg 9plus the first 500g premium) and a kg is based on the greater between volumetric and actual weight. you can have a 200gram item billed at 2kg using volumetric the average cost for the first 500grams though is R230. Now sometimes we can get it cheaper up to 50% cheaper but depends on many criteria at the time .

I thought id add this to allow people to think for themselves and ask the supplier questions, when placing an order suppliers have options.

Edited by luckybird
Missing Quote

Seven Veils Trading

The problem seems to be not so much with the shipping charges, but that they are not stated clearly upfront. I don't think a seller can ethically alter shipping rates after an auction has been won; I recently posted an item to Lesotho - and quoted for local rates. Of course, SAPO charges international shipping to Lesotho. I had no choice but to send the item as I had already quoted on the shipping.

On the other hand, with my eBay auctions, I always list free shipping, and build the cost of the postage into the item. So there's no shock to the client. The price he says, is the price he gets.

Ergo, offshore sellers should make it clear what the shipping is to SA, to avoid problems like the one faced by Royalty