Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Buyer claims items are missing

Cali Craft and Gems

Boy - do I feel sick to my stomach!

A regular buyer of mine rated me negative today for two items that are apparently "missing" from his envelope. The parcel was sent via speed services and he says the parcel was not tampered with. Coincidentally, the smaller items were inserted into the packet of the larger gem so that they would not get lost.

I have a set way of wrapping the gems so that they are "layered" - this is so that each gem is protected enough, and with a larger order such as this one, there would be no more than four or five gems per "batch" of bubblewrap - overlapped with smaller gems in between so that the gems cannot crush each other.

I have double checked my items on this side, and the stated items are definitely not here. I have a procedure in place that ensures that each and every item is inserted into the correct envelope and his parcel was in fact the very first parcel packed on Thursday morning. (I tackle the speed services parcels first, starting with the order with the most items)

My procedure is that each order is handled separately and one by one. Each item on the order gets ticked off when pulled from stock (I have a tray system per gem type), then crossed off completely when wrapped in the bubblewrap and sealed with tape. The buyer's name is written in black marker on the exterior for extra precaution. The envelope is sealed, the tracking number is then written on the order card, and the tracking number or sticker is placed in the shipping book. When the packed and sealed parcel is set aside (into the shipping / out box), then the following order is processed etc. I have used this method for over four years without any item being missing or omitted so I know it is most thorough.

What do I do now? Isn't it just "convenient" that the "missing" items are also the most valuable ones of the order?

I'm awaiting his reply, but this truly upsets me to the core.

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

babyface2

hi Cali

i understand your frustration. i also have a regular buyer and all of a sudden the small items is seemingly missing. fortunately not expensive, so i give the buyer credit. in your case though it sounds like expensive items and maybe been a regular buyer building up a good relationship with this idea in the back of his mind to do this once you trust him. just a thought, how do we prove we packed items. in this bussines it must be trust from both sides.

sorry i can not give better advise, maybe suggest a 50% refund or something

admin
Boy - do I feel sick to my stomach!

A regular buyer of mine rated me negative today for two items that are apparently "missing" from his envelope. The parcel was sent via speed services and he says the parcel was not tampered with. Coincidentally, the smaller items were inserted into the packet of the larger gem so that they would not get lost.

Hi Cali Craft and Gems,

No recent negatives on your profile from buyers, only these positive one's given at 13:28 today :confused:

Positive rating for Natural TANZANITE 2.0mm round facets (Africa)... 11 Jun 2011 13:28

Comment: This seller desrves a medal by CurryKing (203 rating3.gif) verifieduser.gif

Response: These gems were inserted into the packet of another gem so that they could not be overlooked due to their size. 11 Jun 2011 13:28

Please check again.

Cali Craft and Gems

Buyer has informed me that he has found the items. Phew... what a weight off my mind!

Seeds for Africa

The frustrating part here is why the buyer rates negative? Send a mail or pick up the phone!!! If it can't be resolved by all means rate the experience.

Cali Craft and Gems

I agree - the ratings were in place from around 13h00 today, and I only got home after 19h00 and saw them - a whole six hours of having two unsavoury negative ratings on my profile. Buyers do not realise the damage that a "simple" negative (or neutral) rating can do to one's reputation - especially where the seller is 100% in the right!

Pierre_Henri

My Sympathies – I can just imagine how you felt ...

[QUOTE=Cali Craft and Gems;112644] Buyers do not realise the damage that a "simple" negative (or neutral) rating can do to one's reputation - especially where the seller is 100% in the right![/QUOTE]

I see that you have over 12 000 sales on Bid-or-Buy with 99.97% positive ratings. In my mind I would rate you a truly top-top seller on Bid-or-Buy.

For that reason, I would think that BoB should have a team of experts looking at negative ratings received by top sellers like you.

With approx 3000 sales and a 100% positive rating, I am also a fairly big seller on BoB: So why would I - like you - even contemplate to bedonnering a buyer out of a couple of rands?

I mean, you and I can do it once or twice (cheating a client on Bid-or-Buy) but then its the end for us as sellers.

So receiving a negative rating is like a death wish (kiss?). I really think that BOB should very carefully scrutinize negative ratings received by truly top end sellers.

Pierre

kebs

I'm a bit confused, could be the severe lack of sleep, but I can't see a negative from this buyer, only a postive left in the afternoon on the 11th? Help - what am I missing?

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi Kebs

You're not going nuts!

The buyer found the 'missing' items and changed the negatives to positive ratings. (thank heavens)

J - CCG

meeks
Hi Kebs

You're not going nuts!

The buyer found the 'missing' items and changed the negatives to positive ratings. (thank heavens)

J - CCG

AND you were nominated for a medal!!! Good for you

Cali Craft and Gems
AND you were nominated for a medal!!! Good for you

Yeah - just another Noddy badge to add to the collection... :)