Sign in to follow this  
eZethu Coins

Have you hugged your postmaster today?

eZethu Coins

We are all very quick to hang the Post Office service, but I feel that credit is due sometimes. I posted a Speed Services item on Thursday well before cut-off time from my regular post office (Emerald Hill in PE). Yesterday (Friday) I got a very apologetic phone call from the postmaster explaining that the parcel did not leave on Thursday and that it would only leave on Friday iso. arriving at its destination by then. My initial reaction was to insist on a refund for a service paid for but not received. However, having had time to ponder the issue before I arrived for my daily visit to the Post Office, I realized that they did not have to phone to let me know - they could have just kept quiet and I would have assumes that the system slipped somewhere (anywhere). Upon my arrival, the staff member responsible for the Speed Services, came to the counter to apologize for the mishap and accepted responsibility.

So the story ends that I did not claim a refund, the parcel will only be delivered on Monday, but we parted still with a good relationship - which is important to me since we deal on a daily basis in a mutually beneficial relationship.

My attitude is: Making a mistake is not the issue - the issue is how you deal with your mistake and how you fix.

mellowred
My attitude is: Making a mistake is not the issue - the issue is how you deal with your mistake and how you fix.

So true Renaldo. Thanks for the happy early morning post.

lilythepink

Renaldo you are absolutely correct. Genuine mistakes need to be forgiven more often and the whole world will be a better place!

What an honourable Post Office you have serving you!

Cali Craft and Gems

Precisely - it's how they deal with the error or admitting fault that makes all the difference. A while back I was on the warpath with my PO branch cos although I was at the branch long before the close off for SS, they thought it would be funny to mess me around and do all the insured and ordinary parcels first, which resulted in the SS being "too late" for overnight delivery!

Guess you win some, you lose some... but I have only heard good things about the Emerald Hill branch - wish I stayed that side of town!

Pathway

Hooray for Emerald Hill Post Office, they really are great, friendly too!

TS Ron

Yes agree one always does appreciate service such as this.. Not that you always expect it either! Well done to Emerald Hill Post Office