Sign in to follow this  
Celebrity Jewels

Dropshipping Warning

Celebrity Jewels

Hi All

Believe me I have better things to do tonight than spend my time giving this advice.

Let's define DROPSHIPPING

It is defined as a seller agreeing with a supplier somewhere else in the planet to ship out goods that the seller has or will sell under a perfect BoB username. Usually the seller will agree with the dropshipper to do mutual business and list the dropshippers items on his/her username.

The dropshipper will then ship on the sellers instruction but here is where all the pitfalls come and without prejudice to anybody the below comments are from many years of experience so do not shoot me down - I am doing this to advise you.

Almost all dropshippers are from the far east so this poses the problem - delay in the customer receiving the item, a negative rating beecause the customer does not receive the parcel within 2 weeks, customs duties (an immediate negative) and if the supplier has for example sold the item listed you are in the dwang as he does not care, but you will lose your name.

I have subsribed to many dropshipper outfits in the past and none work. It is too good to be true. You even pay these days to subscribe to dropshipper lists so effectively you are paying for worthless information that will get you negative ratings and eventually blacklisted from Bidorbuy. So what is the point?

Do not fall prey to dropshipping promises. Trust me - they are all scammers - if their product was so good why would they resort to dropshipping. They catch people like us and if they take one of us a day x 100 countries they are in business.!

Forget dropshipping. This is my message to you and to save face please listen.

Regards

Brian

Edited by Celebrity Jewels

TS Ron

Thank you for the advice!

Celebrity Jewels

Only a pleasure

Lets try help here. Everybody wants a online business so if we eliminate dropshippers we are limited. My advice is as follows:

Select and get in your head a product that you can and will be able to make a profit with.

Negotiate with the reliable supplier to have that product at hand. Within South Africa.

Get yourself a good template and be professional - thats what we strive for.

List tangible items that you will not get into a fix for and sell them with confidence to do yourself and Bidorbuy a justice - online selling is not a quick fix.

Go forth and prosper and if anyone needs a chat how to do things message me direct and I will give you my advice.

Cheers,

Brian

Guest Guest

...., if anyone needs a chat how to do things message me direct and I will give you my advice.

Cheers,

Brian

Dear Brian,

Thank you my dear fellow-bobber!!! I, honestly salute you.

You know, it is not being gullible which "they" thrive so often on... It is because of one's OWN, sincere integrity which they nearly ALWAYS prey on. A sickening fact!

Stay true Brain!

Kind regards

Edmund....

PS You say: "Believe me I have better things to do tonight than spend my time giving this advice."

Me to you?: "Nasty man!" LOL! ~Grins~

Edited by Edmund1000
??

Not1CentMore

May I add my 'two cents'?

I will agree with Celebrity Jewels. There are a lot of 'get rich quick' dropship schemes out there. Most of them, when you read the fine print or ask the 'in depth' questions, are a 'no brainer'; run in the opposite direction as fast as you can. If you have a Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce equivalant, check them out. If they are located overseas and you cannot verify their information, it is best to leave it be. If you do find a reliable source or sources, it is wise to still monitor them. (I recently had a supplier who went 'belly up' after 20-years in business.)

Having said that....

Dropship Companies and individuals who dropship should not automatically come with a 'WARNING' label. There are always a few bad apples in the barrel, but that doesn't make all the apples bad. There are more than a few dropshippers (individuals and businesses) on BoB that can be trusted. Check their feedback. Ask questions. Most are reputable sellers (they wouldn't last long on BoB if they were not 'straight-up-straight') and have just elected to operate their business in a different way...a way that works best for them. And, if asked, perhaps one of these businesses or sellers might be willing to assist you in finding a reliable dropship source or be willing to 'share' those with whom they have dealt with in the past and no longer use. That is how I got my first two sources...from someone I met at a street fair that was willing to 'share'.

I 'special order' and/or dropship home / garden decor (USA, SA). I have worked with my suppliers for more than 10-years (arts & craft festivals, street fairs, etc.). I know the quality of their merchandise and the 'turn-a-round' time from the time an order is placed until shipped. All of my suppliers are in the USA and are on 'speed dial'. I have a real, live contact person who can address / answer any question(s) I may have and not one of my suppliers has charged me a penny for membership, etc. Any dutes/taxes on overseas parcels are billed back to me.

In a nutshell....do your homework. When in doubt, ask and ask again until ALL questions/concerns are addressed/answered to your satisfaction and ('rule of thumb') if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore
spelling