Sign in to follow this  
StudMuffinsMissus

Seller classicGP

StudMuffinsMissus

I won the following auction 01 June. To date no tracking number received from the seller, he promised to post last Saturday. It's only R300 but it just makes me not want to buy from anyone without squeaky clean ratings. I have notified BoB.

Tea & Coffee Makers - russell hobbs 15 bar espresso maker was sold for R200.00 on 1 Jun at 23:05 by classicGP in Johannesburg (ID:38872954)

On the same day I won the auction from watchseller for a 21 piece pot set. I couldn't believe it when it arrived by courier the very next day. Amazing product & service!

StudMuffinsMissus

What's also annoying is when buyers rate positive before they receive their item & in the comment ask how long must they wait. Guess I'm just grumpy as I have flu...but I want my flippin coffee machine :cry:

Wild Olive Art

If you look at his ratings you will see a number of comments are with regards delayed shipping or late delivery but mostly his ratings are good. In one reply the seller does say 7 days from checkout to delivery - assuming you paid immediately after winning the auction on wed and payment took 48hrs to reflect ( friday) , it would have been the weekend. If the seller posted on Monday the 6th June , then it's not hard to see why you haven't yet received your coffee machine.

That said however , I agree fully with you that the seller should have communicated with you and forwarded the tracking number. I actually started the thread about this last week - sellers who do not communicate with their customers - it's bad business practice.

StudMuffinsMissus

That's exactly what I mean. I don't mind waiting but just let me know. It amazes me how all you top sellers answer emails almost immediately and manage to post off ALL your items timeously...then some guys can't get their butt to the post office to send off their 1 item. They really let the site down.

lilythepink

I am a firm believer that friendly communications with buyers is a necessity. And I would go on to say it is equally necessary if a buyer has a problem then the seller should be notified promptly. IMO it is because of lack of communication that so many problems arise, as do most negative ratings.

The present way in which BoB has set up our seller pages makes it so easy to communicate with buyers and the proof remains to refer back to, in case of an altercation.

StudMuffinsMissus

I tried the friendly communication many times & even asked BoB to send a friendly reminder to no avail. I've never had to rate negative before but he leaves me no choice. Hopefully he sends my parcel & I can amend the rating.

lilythepink

I hope, too, that you will soon get your parcel!

It is just possible that the seller has forgotten ("overlooked", "been too lazy", "been sick", etc) to send you the tracking number and the parcel "just arrives" at its destination. This has happened to me, as a buyer, once or twice! LOL

StudMuffinsMissus

Yes Lily, I think so judging from his ratings. He doesn't seem to be a scammer...no more items for sale & nothing of high value either. I'll just be patient & wait :notrust:

StudMuffinsMissus

Still waiting.....

admin

Hi p850,

The seller did not log into his account since the 3rd of this month and was restricted from listing items after your email to community watch. Maybe you should consider opening a case of theft under false pretenses.

StudMuffinsMissus

Thanks admin. I see from past sales this guy takes a while to send items...I don't mind waiting as long as he eventually sends. If he doesn't then oh well, at least its only 300 bucks. I don't have much faith in our local police station: we had a house robbery & items to the value of R50 000 were taken. I hired a private detective that traced our phones & got the exact location of the culprit. The cops could / would not even follow this up. I'm over wasting my time there, it's just a really aggravating experience! I did manage to find his correct telephone number, he is a doctor, but doesn't really help as he's never in. Back to instant coffee for now :rolleyes:

StudMuffinsMissus

This seller was in a medical facility for the past 7 weeks as per his email. I had traced his work no (prior to knowing why he didn't answer my emails) & he was not at work for this period. Admin please remove the restriction, he will post the item. Looking forward to my coffee machine! I feel really bad now, hope he is well.