Sign in to follow this  
BestTrader4u

Help needed from all you South African BidorBuy Fundi's, from a UK Seller

BestTrader4u

Hi

I am from the UK, and I visited your wonderful country during last years World Cup, I don't particularly support England, I just came to see your country and watch some great football (as I said I don't watch England!!). I had a great time and met some brilliant people. I heard about BidorBuy while I was over there, and I finally have got around to joining up and hopefully selling (and buying) some stuff to/from you. The advice I am seeking, is to ask what is the best means of payment I should offer and use? As I am not from SA I cannot use BobPay, and I understand that members of BidorBuy do not particulary like Paypal (is that the case?), I would be very grateful if anyone could suggest or let me know what South African buyers prefer using as their means of payment if and when they buy from International Sellers? Any advice or guidance I can get would be much appreciated.

I hope I got the "Fundi" expression correct........I was told it meant Knowledgeable and Well Informed?

Wild Olive Art

Hi BestTrader !

Very warm welcome to Bidorbuy.

I think payment issues could be a little difficult for you initially if you don't have a South African bank account. It's not that South Africans don't like Paypal , I think many are still unfamiliar with it because Paypal is not yet supported here by all our banks. Also it means people have to use a credit card to pay . Not all buyers have credit cards.

I see there are overseas sellers who use the BobPay EFT system but they could well have local accounts.

The best thing would be for you to contact the Bidorbuy admin and get advise on how best you could receive payments.

Wishing you lots of success on the site !!

Reynet Trading

Welcome to bidorbuy

It is true that many South African's are still unfamiliar with Paypal because it is not yet supported here by all our banks. But almost anybody can use Paypal, not only FNB clients .

Getting a “cheque card” that is being offered by First National Bank, Nedbank, Standard Bank and ABSA offer an actual VISA / Mastercard credit card number linked with the cheque account. When you use it as you would a credit card the money is deducted from your cheque account instead of the credit card.

So there is no reason for people not to use Paypal. And the best way for someone to learn how something work ( paypal ) is if they are forced to use it.

So, I would say Paypal is the route to follow.

brands online

Hi BestTrader4u,

Welcome to BOB. Glad you enjoyed our wonderful country and people. The other forumers have addressed the payment issue, so I thought I'd just advise you to also sort out delivery from the UK. A short while back there was another seller from UK who seemed to experience major problems with Royal Mail so perhaps that would not be the best method if you were considering it.

BOB's a great platform and I wish you best of luck in your endeavours. Enjoy!

Edited by brands online

lilythepink

I've not yet experienced any problems with PayPal and I use it fairly regularly for overseas purchases which I make.