Sign in to follow this  
Kazarella

Currency Converter Needed!

Kazarella

British Newcomer Needs Help!!!!!

I was so happy to find an alternate to Ebay, that I registered without even looking at the site properly!

I have now realized that I cannot work out the prices of anything as they are not displayed in GBP currency. Does anyone know I can change the setting/view...............

:embarrest::embarrest::bigsmile:

mellowred

Hi Kazarella

As BoB is a predominantly SA trading site, there isn't one of those currency converter things on the site (Yet :smile:). There are so many converters on the web though that it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The current exchange rate is £1 = R11.10 or R1 = £0.09; dealing with currency fluctuations may be a headache if you have a lot of items listed though.

I'm just a casual local seller so don't know much about international sales, but there are several international sellers who participate on the forum, so I'm sure you will get some more useful tips from them.

Have you also seen BoBs new Kenya site. If you are interested in expanding southwards it may be interesting for you too. :bigsmile:

JacoJ

The best sites for currency conversions are: Oanda (www.oanda.com) and XE (www.xe.com)

Xe is a nice tool if you just want the current prevailing exchange rate

Oanda has a nice historical view of how currencies compare and move against each other. (Historical Exchange Rates | OANDA). You can then also export these historic exchange rates into excel if you want to keep track of the currency performance over time....could be useful when building in a small margin into your products to protect oneself against currency fluctuations.

It might be a while still before we have the currency conversion available as a setting on the bidorbuy platform....

Edited by JacoJ