Sign in to follow this  
cella007

Please advice

cella007

I need advice i sold an item to a buyer and the item has a 7 day money back guarantee on it if its faulty and just with my luck the buyer received the item and its faulty i agreed to give full refund on return of the item but what i am unsure of what about the success fees that was taken on this item?it was a great amount can i get that fees back from bob?

Thanks

Seeds for Africa
I need advice i sold an item to a buyer and the item has a 7 day money back guarantee on it if its faulty and just with my luck the buyer received the item and its faulty i agreed to give full refund on return of the item but what i am unsure of what about the success fees that was taken on this item?it was a great amount can i get that fees back from bob?

Thanks

Yes, you will need to file a "sale not complete". Go to your selling page, click on that order. File a SNC giving the reasons, and you will be refunded.

Thanks

admin

Hi cella007,

Welcome to the forums.

You can file a SNC 7 days after the sale took place to recover your success fee. Choose "buyer and seller agreed not to proceed with the sale"

Thanks Grant :wink:

cella007

HI

Thanks for the answer it really helped,but if i file an snc against the buyer wont he give me a negative rating?as i understand Bob contacts the buyer with the snc application and if he did not pay he can still pay with in 7 days but this is not the case now?so how will it be handled i really do not want a negative rating for the buyer that wants a refund i am holding up my part of the guarantee and making a full refund,and another question should i refund the whole amount the buyer paid the shipping, insurance and so on?or only the winning bid amount?for i gave the buyer free shipping it was send by me overnight on my own cost he only added the 2% for the insurance

thanks

Seeds for Africa

My experience tells me that if you email the buyer before hand, and explain that the SNC will not reflect negatively against him, and that it is simply to recover the sucess fees that you have paid to bidorbuy, that you wont have a problem.

mellowred

Hi Cella007, the postage refund is up to you. However if I were a buyer I'd be a bit annoyed if I had to cover any costs for a faulty item. As a seller I'd write off the postage as well.