Sign in to follow this  
Celebrity Jewels

Illegal use of negative rating

Celebrity Jewels

Hi All, Bertus and Cuan

You all know me as ex-Gems Direct and now Celebrity Jewels and Celebrity Simulates. I have chosen like many sellers to add discreet listings to their items. I sold an item today and the purchaser has already rated me negative. Below is his comment:

You have received a Negative rating from mo bhayla (1) with the comment

i dont trust this supplier due to the fact that none of the ratings are from shown users(all 'DISCREET USERS') which is way too dodge to be trustable

This is a mockery of the rating system and clearly this buyer does not know what he is doing. I have been on Bidorbuy since 2006 and delivered a good service as the team at bidorbuy knows.

What can be done in this case as it is a clear breach of Bidorbuy rating policy. If the guy (new user) did not want to buy then why did he and rate me a few hours later as a dodgy seller. Obviously this will end up with an snc after 7 days but until then I will have to swallow a negative rating that is totally unjust.

Please can community watch and management intervene here as this is clearly unfair.

Regards

Brian

Cali Craft and Gems

I've been having a run in via the Q&A with this very same buyer today on one of my items. He is based in Rustenburg (according to his profile) and he is trying to get me to let him view the item before he makes his purchase.

How is this possible if we are several hundred+ km's apart? He has been asking a hundred-and-one questions which are all impossible to satisfy.

He seems a bit dodgy himself I suspect... besides questioning legitimate long-standing sellers about their honesty, integrity, etc. We would not be where we are if we didn't offer good items, etc.

Celebrity Jewels

Thank you Cali Craft

We go back a long way. If it is the same buyer then we are looking at a community watch investigation. Anyway what can you do? Let us see if we are covered under a special clause that it should be illegal to rate a few hours after a sale. I have just emailed community watch the following:

Bertus and community watch

I am known to Bidorbuy since 2006 and owned Gems Direct until I sold that username with over 3500 positive ratings.

I now have Celebrity Jewels and a buyer who purchased today the 7th has rated me today the 7th negative due to the fact that I use the discreet listing feature.

Here is the buyers rating and details - this is not policy and an unjust rating whilst I am trying to build my new username Celebrity Jewels and to get a neg a few hours after purchase - well I do not know what to do.

Please can this buyer be blacklisted or educated not by me as I will refuse any further dealings with him (below is his comments and username:

Dear Brian, You have received a Negative rating from mo bhayla (1) with the comment

i dont trust this supplier due to the fact that none of the ratings are from shown users(all 'DISCREET USERS') which is way too dodge to be trustable

The rating relates to the purchase

07 Jun 11 16:01 PRECIOUS 1.75Cts.*(2 Pcs)* Round Cut Top Quality (Burma Colour) Blood Red Ruby Gemstone Pair In this case of a negative rating we recommend you contact mo bhayla (mo_bhayla187@yahoo.com) and try to resolve the situation amicably.

Please note, how can the buyer rate a few hours after purchase?

How can he rate negative and slander me when he obviously does not know what a discreet listing is?

With my negative rating reply I expect that to be enough to immediately blacklist the buyer as he will continue to cause havoc with honest sellers.

I do not wish to proceed any business with this buyer as he has no idea what online trading on Bidorbuy is and has brought detriment to my business.

Please can this matter be taken very seriously as I am about to launch a range of tanzanites at high value and this buyer has totally misunderstood how ratings work.

Best Regards

Brian Macpherson

Celebrity Jewels

mo bhayla

if this is so, can i come pick up my parcel in durban? where are you guys based.? because i have seen several other successful jewellery auctioneers and none of the others have 100% discreet users

Cali Craft and Gems

My apologies - it was this buyer who asked one question, and another who went on and on... (I noticed my error this morning)

JPBon
if this is so, can i come pick up my parcel in durban? where are you guys based.? because i have seen several other successful jewellery auctioneers and none of the others have 100% discreet users

Sellers have the option of listing items discreet, when they list items that they perceive that buyers might not want other people to see who bought, high value items are often listed like this. Bid or Buy monitors these items quite closely so I really do not know what you are worried about.

Celebrity Jewels

Mohamed, you can start by apologising and changing the rating from NEGATIVE to POSITIVE and then we can take it from there. You have caused harm to my business. You have no cause to have opened a negative rating. Ratings are there to rate a buyers performance not attack a seller a few hours after purchasinq the product.

Let me guess, you probably do not know how to change ratings either?

Lukeness

You obviously haven't looked very hard. Since you are posting on the forum, please enlighten us as to the reasons for your negative rating. It is clearly not about the product or service since you did it too soon to receive either. You chose to bid on a discreet item and so clearly accepted the format of the auction.

qball

Please remove the negative rating or it will be removed. Discreet listings are done so for privacy reasons (mainly for the buyers benefit), there is nothing to indicate that the seller is dishonest or untrustworthy, just because the ratings are discreet. As long as the seller has good ratings (this seller has 175 positive ratings with a 100% positive ratung score, your rating is therefore completely unjustified and can be considered rating abuse.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding in this regard.

Celebrity Jewels

Hi All

I would like to thank Cali Craft, Bertus, Cuan and Luke

The negative was justly removed this morning and that is a testiment to Bidorbuy's ambition to continue a honest and just trading place for both buyer and seller alike.

To the purchaser, should you wish to continue with the transaction then you are welcome and no hard feelings. If you still do not understand discreet listings then you are welcome not to complete but I encourage you as you will soon understand how online business works and you will enjoy it.

Admin, as far as I am concerned this thread can be locked as the case has been dealt with efficiently.

Best Regards

Brian Macpherson

Edited by qball