Sign in to follow this  
TS Ron

Post Office Regulations! With Insured Mail

TS Ron

Has one read the new regulations with Insured Mail!

Basically as I understand if a insured item has gone missing the Post Office shall not be held liable.

If something is eatten by rats etc while in transport they not liable.

In the case of electronics if any ants damage the product while being transported by the post office they not liable.

That is what I understood by their insured mail today.

So surely this is not fair as the post office has no competition! Is the CPA going to permit this?

mellowred
... Is the CPA going to permit this?

As I see it, JP mentioned that they are a "company", so we should be able to tackle them on that basis.

But the question is whether enough people will bother.

It seems a bit like taking out dread disease insurance but you'll only get paid out if you die.

TS Ron
As I see it, JP mentioned that they are a "company", so we should be able to tackle them on that basis.

But the question is whether enough people will bother.

It seems a bit like taking out dread disease insurance but you'll only get paid out if you die.

Mellowred I am going to stand up against the post office even it takes me years or I shall be walking with walking stick. I have had enough of bad service honestly.

mellowred
Mellowred I am going to stand up against the post office even it takes me years or I shall be walking with walking stick. I have had enough of bad service honestly.

Me too Asecon. I complain and compliment as much as possible these days. Too many are unemployed to allow bad attitude, bad management and bad service to reign the way they do. Toy Toying got some things right ... we need to throw our toys to get the rest right.

I wonder why the PO has no competition? Postnet is good, but way too expensive for regular use on cheaper products.

TS Ron

Mellowred Postnet uses the post office for transport! We need a independent company to give the PO some competition.. What bothers me is the PO saying it is okay for the item to go missing and not question their staff? Yes I often compliment and make sure I send the compliments to the customer service in the Post Office about speedy service etc.

mellowred

Checkers and Clicks have fully fledged pharmacies on their premises and Wollies and P&P offer almost all banking services - perhaps one of them should go in competition with the PO.

lilythepink

Now I know that in "the good old days when I was young" there was legislation preventing anyone from opening a business in competition to the Post Office.

Now that it is a company, I am not sure whether that legislation still applies. There is a huge opening for a private company/ies to get in on the act and provide a better service providing that legislation is no longer valid!

In terms of the old legislation, no-one (and I mean no-one) was allowed to profit with postage and that is why the "postage and packaging" situation came into being. Of course the "packaging" situation is being abused and I doubt anyone has ever been charged in recent years with over-charging on post and packaging.

Seeds for Africa
Has one read the new regulations with Insured Mail!

Basically as I understand if a insured item has gone missing the Post Office shall not be held liable.

If something is eatten by rats etc while in transport they not liable.

In the case of electronics if any ants damage the product while being transported by the post office they not liable.

That is what I understood by their insured mail today.

So surely this is not fair as the post office has no competition! Is the CPA going to permit this?

Hi

Can you post a link to the legislation. I have had a few things go missing and have received payouts promptly and easily?

TS Ron
Hi

Can you post a link to the legislation. I have had a few things go missing and have received payouts promptly and easily?

I could not find a link sorry I tried to scan the document I had received from the post office yesterday when I mailed an parcel. It is very small print.

TS Ron
Hi

I tried to scan the document I received yesterday from the post office with no sucess as the print is extremely small. Unfortunately I do not know where to find a link.