Sign in to follow this  
qball

Mediatech - sentenced to 4 years for Fraud

qball

Hi All

We are happy to announce that MediaTech a.k.a. Nico Smith, a.k.a. Angel Jacobs has been sentenced to 4 years for fraud by the Bloem court. We have been advised that there is an unlikelihood that repayment of the funds will take place as he has no assets.

Kind regards

Cuan

Miss Jewels

Crime just doesn't pay!

mellowred

That is good news. Pity about the assets part though. Makes me wonder how many hidden assets he has.

lilythepink

Well, that was quick and is certainly good to know that another scammer bites the dust.

Has he/she been locked up already or is there an appeal still to be heard?

qball

As far as we know he has been jailed. Not aware of any appeal!

lilythepink

And to think that I was initially one of the doubting Thomases - just because he/she was a member of this forum! :blush:

I suppose it's better to be too trusting rather than too cynical but I never seem to learn. Not much hope for an ol' lady, I suppose! :blush:

kyle2
And to think that I was initially one of the doubting Thomases - just because he/she was a member of this forum! :blush:

I suppose it's better to be too trusting rather than too cynical but I never seem to learn. Not much hope for an ol' lady, I suppose! :blush:

It’s difficult to believe that someone whom you are in constant communication with can be capable of such deception; I for one was giving him the benefit of the doubt, believing that he truly had issues with his supplier, really disappointed in him.

I will continue to give others the benefit of the doubt, until proved otherwise, everyone is innocent.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, I too thought this was a decent person.

I also initially gave him the benefit of the doubt and though t that he was genuinely duped.

What a pity.

MsPlod

Confidence tricksters are really grim since they abuse our optimism and willingness to believe in each other! Darn!!

Sad for the folk who lost money on this blighter! He and his alter ego "wife". Quite a thing having conversations with oneself...

dstorm
. Quite a thing having conversations with oneself...

I do it all the time.......whenever I feel in need of an intelligent conversation.......

Guest Guest

Dis SO tragies!!!

I do it all the time.......whenever I feel in need of an intelligent conversation.......

Dis nou DOM man!!! (Ou grootbek! Trek net jou been - net so effens.... He-he-he!!!)

Dis vir my so bitter jammer om te sien hoe mense hul Wese vir geld omruil... Vir Niks....!

wayjen

I worked for a crook but did not know it until the dwang hit the fan but he portrayed himself to be something else. A family member of his was a con man and had a habit of swindling people and family out of their hard earned money. He ran away from South Africa to England/Ireland and when he was found out there he ran back home and carried on here. The thing with these people is that they do not care or have no remorse for the things they do and the people they destroy. They are highly intelligent but the greed for money gets the better of them.

DestinysAngels

:shock:Well look where his intelligence got him, he has plenty of time now to think up a new plan to con us all, by the time he is out we would have forgotten this or would we? I am stumped that he got me to defend him, i even liked him, he used to palm down with compliments and that is i suppose already a sign, yet i believed in him, but will be a whole lot more carefull the next time around!:notrust:

lilythepink

Well now we know why Cuan and admin have to look after the two of us! We are both so naive! (I have an excuse - I suffer from Old Timer's!!) :blink:

GOLFX

pity the shooters case was not held in bloem

Guest Guest
Well now we know why Cuan and admin have to look after the two of us! We are both so naive! (I have an excuse - I suffer from Old Timer's!!) :blink:

See the banned and swindlers have still some friends here...:nuts: : Please click on Senior Member Buddylist of: MediaTech

One need friends - swindlers are another thing... I think one should fairly often do a "check your BOB-mate" lol!

PS "Good grief!!!" :toung:

PPS I see stone cold icey100 is in the BOB-deepfreeze too!

Edited by Edmund1000
Peeked in the BOB-deepfreeze...

Miss Jewels
See the banned and swindlers have still some friends here...:nuts: : Please click on Senior Member Buddylist of: MediaTech

One need friends - swindlers are another thing... I think one should fairly often do a "check your BOB-mate" lol!

PS "Good grief!!!" :toung:

....and PPPS :

"About MediaTech

Biography - Love people, well I should as I am a Psychologist."....now this explains a lot!

Miss Jewels

.....and the "buddylist" has been deleted. Thanks for pointing this out Edmund! As I don't make a habit of checking this as I have other companies to attend to, we leave things like this to others to point out. Friends are people you associate yourself with and are proud of, a buddylist to me is seen as unknown faces with whom you share mutual things... in this case, it was BoB. Although I do have people on the buddylist who I also correspond with via e-mail and are hence more that just a "buddy". I'm sure the other "buddylist" associates will agree on this one.

wayjen
....and PPPS :

"About MediaTech

Biography - Love people, well I should as I am a Psychologist."....now this explains a lot!

What was written in the last sentence of my post a page back, WITHOUT LOOKING AT HIS BIOGRAPHY?

Yes DA, even clever people get caught.

lilythepink

At least he didn't claim to be a psychic or he would have foreseen his downfall! :nuts:

mellowred
A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted.

His byline is pretty ironic too - he made lots of compromises ... LOL

lilythepink

Well, he certainly got what he didn't want! (Thinking: did he have dry bread and water for supper tonight?)

Miss Jewels
Well, he certainly got what he didn't want! (Thinking: did he have dry bread and water for supper tonight?)
No....they actually serve soup now....not that he deserves it after what he did to all those innocent buyers. Crime just doesn't pay. I hope that many other BoBbers have noted this thread and seen that scammers will not be accepted here.

MiemsJewels
Hi All

We are happy to announce that MediaTech a.k.a. Nico Smith, a.k.a. Angel Jacobs has been sentenced to 4 years for fraud by the Bloem court. We have been advised that there is an unlikelihood that repayment of the funds will take place as he has no assets.

Kind regards

Cuan

What goes along, comes along.

kyle2

No suprise there, we wont miss him either!:thinking: