Sign in to follow this  
Veto111

Good Catalogue for SA stamps

Veto111

Hi guys

As the title suggests, would someone please recommend me a good recent catalogue for south african stamps.

Thanks

Veto111

donovink

Hi Veto,

Your best option would be "The South African Stamp Colour Catalogue" 30th Edition (2010/11). Do a search on BidorBuy and you'll find a couple of new issues listed. If you're not too concerned about latest values, you will find much cheaper editions in used condition available.

This cataloue covers Pre-Union, Union, RSA, Homelands, SWA/Namibia, Rhodesias, Basutoland, Bechuanaland and early Swaziland so is a good all round cataogue.

Regards

Donovin

dstorm

Hello Veto111

I agree with Donovin that the 2010 / 2011 SACC is brilliant as an all rounder basic catalogue.

However, as far as the prices are concerned for the early RSA and the last four years of the Homelands, the catalogue serves little or no purpose.

When it comes to Union, the current SACC is nothing but a very basic checklist. Stanley Gibbons is the way to go in this instance.

The 2008/9 Edition of the SACC is currently the most widely used catalogue for Southern Africa. If you can find a copy at below R300-00 GRAB IT!

Regards

Jacques

Edited by dstorm

Veto111

Thanks a mil guys, I see there is one up on crazy wednesday now...