Sign in to follow this  
SaracenX

Buying Help

SaracenX

I bought an item at 266 + 120 postage

Air Rifles - B1 AIR RIFLE - BRAND NEW - **Crazy Sale, R1, No Reserve**UPGRADABLE was sold for R266.00 on 3 Jun at 14:01 by JM0007 in Johannesburg (ID:38955284)

And added 140 for the b3 rifle plus 30 rand for the pellets as the seller requested but when i clicked complete purchase there was no option to add extra fees only an option for postage , anyway i just added the normal postage and the end price was R386 but i payed into bob R556 for the upgrades will everything be okay?

lilythepink

That should be fine. I did a similar transaction with a seller very recently and when postage came to far more than I had paid him, I paid the difference in postage. It showed up as being different from the amount due but as both the seller and I knew what it was all about, we let it go and didn't hear anything more about it from BoB! (I think it's a wonderful function, though, that if payment from a buyer differs from the expected amount that the system does pick it up and alert the seller.)

SaracenX

Yes I just saw that now!!! Its a very smart system.

Libertas Computers

Jip, it works just fine. BoB Pay is there to ensure that the amount outstanding is paid in full and shows up as such to the seller.

If a different amount is paid it will state the amount received along with a message stating that it differs from the amount expected.

I had this with a costumer a few days back where he accidentally selected the wrong shipping method and had to thus pay in a bit extra. After a quick consultation with BoB they said he must just make another payment using the same reference.

It's not the same as your sale, but it works the same. He'll see the amount paid..

The only thing that I'm a bit skeptical about is the fact that you pay extra for the upgraded version, which end up meaning the seller makes a bigger profit as the success fee won't be charged by BoB in this case. He only gets charged for a sale of R266, where the actual sales price is R406..

I might be wrong about this though... Emailed CW to make sure..