Sign in to follow this  
Wild Olive Art

After sales service

Wild Olive Art

How hard is it for some sellers just to send an email to a buyer with brief payment instructs or simply to acknowledge the purchase ???

In the past 2 weeks I have had to follow up with every seller I have bought from and request a tracking number.

I have not received any after sales communication whatsoever from any of them.

I find this extremely annoying. I don't know whether the seller has noticed the sale , received my payment in his/ her account or dispatched the parcel.

Sometimes I feel like giving a poor rating to sellers like this , it's just really poor business ethic.

Seeds for Africa
How hard is it for some sellers just to send an email to a buyer with brief payment instructs or simply to acknowledge the purchase ???

In the past 2 weeks I have had to follow up with every seller I have bought from and request a tracking number.

I find this extremely annoying. I don't know whether the seller has noticed the sale , received my payment in his/ her account or dispatched the parcel.

Sometimes I feel like giving a poor rating to sellers like this , it's just really poor business ethic.

I strongly agree with your comment. It takes less than a minute per order to do this, and goes a long way in assuring the buyer that their order is in hand.

lilythepink

Hi Miems. I don't think buyers realise just how important it is for us, as sellers, to know that items have been safely received.

I don't always send a personal email to let them know, I simply do a positive rating straight away.

TS Ron

I am afraid on communication that we over communicate with the sellers they know exactly when their payments were received they know when we posting they then receive a tracking number we remind them to fetch parcels from the post office.

wayjen
Hi Miems. I don't think buyers realise just how important it is for us, as sellers, to know that items have been safely received.

I don't always send a personal email to let them know, I simply do a positive rating straight away.

another Miems?

Buyers must be made aware that all sellers do not sit in front of their pc's 24/7 as they have other issues or lives to live. For some this might be a business and can answer with minutes of a sale going through whilst for others this is a part time job and can only answer once they are at home in front of the pc.

We all need some leeway.

voldermort

perhaps an idea might be to state in the ads "email queries will only be dealt with after 5pm" or something to that effect depending what time suits the seller to deal with these queries.

wayjen

That's an idea but if emails are computer generated then I wonder what happens to the returned email.

voldermort
That's an idea but if emails are computer generated then I wonder what happens to the returned email.

Ok you got me, why would your email be returned if you hadnt sent it yet?

wayjen
Ok you got me, why would your email be returned if you hadnt sent it yet?

no what I mean is if we get an email saying so and so one an auction, that email comes from BoB and is computer generated I assume so it does not come from the buyer. Now if you have an out of office reply on your email at home that should automatically respond to that incoming email and should go back to BoB and the buyer is still non the wiser that you are out of office.

voldermort
no what I mean is if we get an email saying so and so one an auction, that email comes from BoB and is computer generated I assume so it does not come from the buyer. Now if you have an out of office reply on your email at home that should automatically respond to that incoming email and should go back to BoB and the buyer is still non the wiser that you are out of office.

but why would you want an out of office reply on your pc.......i wouldnt put anything on my pc unless i were going away for weeks

but if you say in your ads "queries dealt with after 5pm" they will then at least have an idea that nothing is happening til after that time

wayjen
but why would you want an out of office reply on your pc.......i wouldnt put anything on my pc unless i were going away for weeks

but if you say in your ads "queries dealt with after 5pm" they will then at least have an idea that nothing is happening til after that time

Haf don't even read a listing never mind that you will be out of the office til after 5pm or went to potty and will be back in 5.

voldermort
Haf don't even read a listing never mind that you will be out of the office til after 5pm or went to potty and will be back in 5.

true true

Wild Olive Art
another Miems?

Buyers must be made aware that all sellers do not sit in front of their pc's 24/7 as they have other issues or lives to live. For some this might be a business and can answer with minutes of a sale going through whilst for others this is a part time job and can only answer once they are at home in front of the pc.

We all need some leeway.

There is no excuse whatsoever for sellers not to contact the buyers of their item.

Nobody is quibbling over a few hours here , what I am referring to is 5, 6, 7 days !! Just how much leeway is one expected to give? No email acknowledgement of sale , no acknowledgement of payment and no information on whether the parcel has been sent or not.

I am a seller as well as a buyer. Bidorbuy is not my full time job. I am a single parent. I work , run a home and take care of my kids and I don't sit in front of the pc all day but I still find the time to send a quick message to the buyers of my items within 12 hrs of close of auction , acknowledge their payments with a positive rating once they have paid and send them their tracking numbers the same evening their items are posted.

If sellers have time to sit and list items , they have time to respond to the buyers of those items!

Buyers are our customers , many people here on BOB derive a good income from the people that support them , Surely a little effort on the sellers part is not too much to ask.

If I have to send numerous requests to a seller for a tracking number a week after I have bought an item - they won't be getting my business again.

SProducts

Since Bidorbuy sends an email when the auction ends, I dont send an email at all. When the auction ends an email is sent to the buyer, a few days later another one to remind them to complete order. I think I dont have to send more emails after these have been sent, same happens on Buy Now and I dont send an email.

When I receive payment, I send an email to acknowledge the payment and inform the buyer how long it will take to process their order and by when it should be dispatched. Unfortunately some buyers decide when they want the order sent and when you try to explain you get all sorts of another seller does this and that or some sellers will telll you they are sellers also and this is how they do things and you should do the same.

Once the item has been dispatched I send the tracking information email and also rate them positive, this is also done through the Bidorbuy messaging system.

TS Ron

I believe in strike the iron while it is still if you want to do business. I do not think any buyer thinks that a seller should be aviable 24/7. But if you want to improve your sales at least reply while the buyer is interested. Bidorbuy is a large website and I am sure they shall find from another seller what they looking for!

JPBon

I tend to send emails out, not that it helps in most instances as most buyers do not reply, and even after a few mails you get no response.

wayjen

Follow up emails between buyer and seller is like having an anti-virus programme on your computer. I ask myself if the anti-virus working because I have yet to find some strange looking stuff on my pc or is it not working and, touch wood, I have had no virus trying to get into my pc. Now with the email scenario, you must wonder if the emails are getting to the buyers/sellers or not which makes it even more frustrating as there is little you can do unless you phone each person to find out.

If a dispute arises because of communication then make sure you either have BOB email records on the system or your emails are still in your sent file on your pc. I also think some people do not look in their SPAM box because some emails may be sitting there.

eZethu Coins

BoB is like any other "sales" environment - some sellers and some "try to go the extra mile sellers". You are right that some sellers are just sellers, but I have dealt with many sellers to fall into the second category and as a seller I strive to do the same. I believe it does have a positive impact on my sales and the return of customers.

wayjen

If you go that extra mile you can expect that buyer to come back to you. If you answer questions on an item speedily, you can almost bank on that item being bought (it does not work all the time mind you). Also remember to read your ratings received as there is sometimes valuable information it there that can lead to a sale, as happened to us recently.

DynamicDecor

Having not yet set up my selling side of things I can't yet comment however...I have bought from a seller on BOB & I must say that from a buyer's perspective, I was most impressed when I received a personal email from the seller stating she had received my order & started discussing personalized changes I wanted to the product.

She was prompt in all her replies - gave advise and kept me posted.

That really impressed me & even though I have not received my item (has to be manufacutred) - i've already given the seller a positive rating.

Communication is key in the sales game - even more so when it is a web based system & the buyer is ALWAYS skeptical. (I was pretty nervous when buying for the first time)

From my perspective the first communication is key as you can then use this opportunity to perhaps even get your buyer to buy something else from you before you just pack & send the item they just bought... that is if you have something else that might match or compliment the item they just purchased.

Then you send them a link to that specific product you have in mind - & hope they purchase it.. if they do - voila - another sale - save on postage and add it.

:unsure:well it sounds good in theory right... :bigsmile: LOL..

Ok - thats my 5c worth ..

TS Ron

I have always said that bob is not like an shop where you walk into buy the item and walk out with it. I am sure the client would like to know you have received the funds just to reassure them. They would like to know it is posted. In fact it is just like managing an ordinary business you have to work long hard hours in order for clientele to keep coming back. And I know there are alot of dedicated sellers that I have dealt with as a seller myself whom truly impressed me. And I know that the competition against them is tough.

voldermort

speaking as a buyer right now, i think it is imperative for a seller to let buyers know that they have received their payments etc.........eg: i bought an item on Wednesday, paid on Thursday morning (same bank so payment was immediate) and here on Sunday am still sitting twiddling my thumbs waiting for some kind of acknowledgement. sorry but i find this totally unacceptable, as a seller i immediately inform my buyers once payment is received and i expect the same back in return.

there is no excuse for such shoddy service :evil:

TS Ron

My theory of lately has been that sellers needed to rated on the following service and the products they sell. To me it is unexceptable even the item closes on a Sunday not to communicate briefly with the buyer. Others shall disagree completely on this term of answering immediately. Just as I have noticed so many sellers informing the buyer they are liable for the post office. I wonder if they do know they are held liable by the CPA.

StudMuffinsMissus

I'm not afraid to rate negative after waiting 9 days with no tracking no. If I get a negative in return I'm sure admin will remove it. If this seller actually manages to post my item (one & only he has listed) then I'll update my rating. Also makes me mad when sellers can't be bothered to rate you when you pay promptly...probably waiting for their rating. I realize for most people this isn't their only source of income but c'mon, it doesn't take much effort to keep the buyer in the loop. Slack sellers...get your act together!

TS Ron
I'm not afraid to rate negative after waiting 9 days with no tracking no. If I get a negative in return I'm sure admin will remove it. If this seller actually manages to post my item (one & only he has listed) then I'll update my rating. Also makes me mad when sellers can't be bothered to rate you when you pay promptly...probably waiting for their rating. I realize for most people this isn't their only source of income but c'mon, it doesn't take much effort to keep the buyer in the loop. Slack sellers...get your act together!

Perhaps you should name and shame these sellers that are reculant to rate you after receiving payment just as the non payers get named on the forum.