Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

New Moon Variety on Kings Head (2 1/2 d)

anerstemens

Hey sorry for bothering you.. I have loads of stamps in boxes was wondering is there a online catalog or how do you go about finding out what they are worth.

Regards

JohnBenn

Excellent pair.There is a break in the line above "C" as well.

-----------------------------------

The best would be to buy or borrow from your library a Stanley Gibbons' catalogue;thou I doubt, that libraries still keep them.

anerstemens

Thanks John

alloway65
Hey sorry for bothering you.. I have loads of stamps in boxes was wondering is there a online catalog or how do you go about finding out what they are worth.

Regards

Try the Stanley Gibbons web site...I found it very good....and it is free unless you need detailed information.

anerstemens

Great Thank you.

dstorm

Thanks a lot PH

Now each and every seller and buyer on BoB can see what a New Moon variety looks like. So many dealers (unknowingly?) list the quite common partially shifted Medallions as New Moon varieties. The crux of the matter is that the Medallion must touch the design.

Regards

Jacques

voldermort

this is a really superb item although it goes without saying that this is an extreme example of a New Moon variety, as said the crux of the matter is that the medallion must touch the design........it therefore obviously does not have to be so completely misplaced as this example shows.