Sign in to follow this  
Neux

Buyer demanding an iPhone but won an auction for an iPhone charging station

Neux

Please give me your opinion and advice.

In regard to item in listing below:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=38553584

Does this listing imply in anyway that a Cell Phone is up for auction?

Buyer won the auction at R41, paid immediately after auction closed and received his item today

I got a call from him today telling me that he did not receive his cell Phone but only a charging dock

Later that day, i got the following email from the buyer

I have not rated you yet, I expect you fulfill your statement which was Brand new iPhone. Your statement was misleading and not on. You should have stated “Docking Station for Iphone 3G etc), You are quick to respond on a misleading purchase, let’s see if you need a positive rating!

Regards

(buyer)

if you were the buyer, would you be mislead by this listing? Surely the auction would not have ended at R41 if all bidders were under the impression that a phone was up on auction.

TS Ron

This is so sad once again the buyer did not ask any questions had high expectations! I understand that you only get a docking station.But in future it is better to play safe to state that the cell phone is not for sale it is just used in advertisement as not every one reads throughly though.

JPBon

To me its perfectly clear and i just scanned the ad. I would say the buyer is taking one hell of a chance.

brands online

The ad is clear, categorically states the auction is for the docking station only. I wouldn't even be bothered by it.

Seeds for Africa

Your ad is crystal clear. What does the buyer not understand about "Dock / Cradle for I Phone". I would let the buyer rate as he pleases and then appeal any neutral negative rating as by no means can the ad be construed as misleading.

kyle2

I don't see what the buyers issue is, there it is in bold lettering, BRAND NEW DOCK/CRADLE FOR IPHONE

.:confused:

wayjen
Strategy & War Games - DRAGONBALL Z. MAJIN BUU SAGA. BATTLE BOARD GAME. CARDS. PLAYERS. BOARD, DICE. was listed for R100.00 on 15 May at 15:16 by wayjen in Cape Town (ID:37490000) fear not Neux, you will get those on BoB. Look at this item we sold. Look at the pictures and description and category it is under and tell me where that is a PSP game? Buyer wants to know where his PSP game is.

Wild Olive Art

At first glance it was clear to me that this auction was for a docking station. If the buyer gives you a negative rating , appeal it , I am sure Bidorbuy will find in your favour.

In fact I would email them in advance . This buyer has no right to threaten you with negative ratings.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

The buyer is taking a chance-Apart from your advert being clear "Who" would think they can purchase an I PHONE for R41??And to threaten with negative rating is not acceptable!!-Seems a bit fruity to me and let him "stu in his own fruit".

NEIL

kyle2
At first glance it was clear to me that this auction was for a docking station. If the buyer gives you a negative rating , appeal it , I am sure Bidorbuy will find in your favour.

In fact I would email them in advance . This buyer has no right to threaten you with negative ratings.

I Agree, I would contact Bob soon as you can, there is a very subtle threat in the correspondance sent to you and this is not allowed, buyers like this should be blacklisted for any attempt at extortion.

DynamicDecor
-Seems a bit fruity to me and let him "stu in his own fruit".

NEIL

:grin: LOL

I don't think this person even bothered reading any further than the first words... iPhone...nor did he scroll down to see any further details.

No misrepresentation on your part here at all.

lilythepink

I, too, agree that Neux' listing is perfectly clear as to what is being sold.

Neux, don't get your knickers into a knot with this difficult buyer - rather, if you get a negative rating just appeal it and I'm pretty sure in the circumstances that BoB will make it disappear!

Lukeness

The listing states OVER AND OVER that it is for a docking station.

Neux

I think i'd better notify BOB about this buyer

I just received a negative ratings from the buyer as I expected

Stufruit 's Negative comment is

Did not recieve a iPhone as the comment states but a pod station-very misleading and untrustworthy!

I honestly think that this buyer is greatly confused

voldermort
I think i'd better notify BOB about this buyer

I just received a negative ratings from the buyer as I expected

Stufruit 's Negative comment is

Did not recieve a iPhone as the comment states but a pod station-very misleading and untrustworthy!

I honestly think that this buyer is greatly confused

Phone BoB tomorrow and tell them that your buyer is definitely trying to take a huge chance.......I have no doubt that negative will be removed.

Nowhere in your ad does it state you are selling an iPhone.

JPBon

As far as I can see this person actually has a vendetta type of thing going. See how he answered his positive rating from Neux.

1x1_trans.gifPositive rating for Brand New iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 Chargin...

30 May 2011

Comment:

SUPER BUYER!!!! Very friendly, quick to do payment and instant response. Its always such a pleasure doing business with super buyers, ThAnk

by Neux (34089 rating10.gif) verifieduser.gif

Response:

Keep the R41 and congradulations on the negative responce!

voldermort

well if i were in this persons frame of mind then i suppose the few DVDs i bought the other day i could always query as to why no DVD player was forthcoming as well :wtf:

wayjen
well if i were in this persons frame of mind then i suppose the few DVDs i bought the other day i could always query as to why no DVD player was forthcoming as well :wtf:

i demand pictures.

voldermort

well im wondering if i should demand a dvd player :biggrin:

wayjen
well im wondering if i should demand a dvd player :biggrin:

ask if you get a bookmarker with an e-book.

voldermort
ask if you get a bookmarker with an e-book.

dont be silly, you view an ebook via a pc, not so.........therefore logically you should get a pc with the book :ninja:

wayjen
dont be silly, you view an ebook via a pc, not so.........therefore logically you should get a pc with the book :ninja:

ebook, ewallet, etv......it's all to confusing for me.

jphotography

You do have his address, send him a free set of reading glasses!!!!! Can't believe people LOL

bekka87266

make a big red X on the phone in the pictures...

Looks awful, but nowadays only extreme measure works with these newbies....