Sign in to follow this  
coinoisseur

South African Numismatic Grading Service (S.A.N.G.S)

EWAAN Galleries
good afternoon all, I saw the ZAR Ponde listed by Pierre henri, havent been on the forum for a long while, I have one question which Ewaan asked, I haven't received an answer yet, all I want to know is who is the owners of the Pty ltd or the SANGS as it is a privetly owned comany. I would always like to support SA businesses but would like to know who I am dealing with.

Keep waiting as nobody can give us answers...... NO COMMENTS!

rjbSALES
Keep waiting as nobody can give us answers...... NO COMMENTS!

:-(......

EWAAN Galleries
:-(......

relax..... NGC and PCGS are doing a great job still no matter what :)

EWAAN Galleries

Jim Halperin (CEO of Heritage Auctions) has confirmed that they will never put a SANGS coin up for auction because of the conflict of interests.

He said they will only stick with 3rd Party Grading Companies - NGC, PCGS, ANACS and ICG......

rjbSALES
Jim Halperin (CEO of Heritage Auctions) has confirmed that they will never put a SANGS coin up for auction because of the conflict of interests.

He said they will only stick with 3rd Party Grading Companies - NGC, PCGS, ANACS and ICG......

sjoe that is "quite a statement"....

PBGold
sjoe that is "quite a statement"....

If he feels that way, its his problem.

This is a South African venture, and one that is long overdue.

So he can keep his Afro-pessimism for himself.

EWAAN Galleries
If he feels that way, its his problem.

This is a South African venture, and one that is long overdue.

So he can keep his Afro-pessimism for himself.

Hi

We have to accept that Herirage is the world largest in Numismatics with an annual turnover of $800 million. That is way more than the turnover of the SA Mint and all dealers in South Africa combined....

Heritage plays a huge role in South African Numismatics even bigger than the SA Mint...

See this:

http://coins.ha.com/common/newsletter.php?inFrame=yes&id=3623&date=#collector-a

Just my input.......

Edited by EWAAN Galleries

Guest Guest

More information required

Can you authenticate this comment Ewaan?

ie scan a letter.. provide a copy of an email..

that is a very big jump for them to make considering the calabre of the people apparently behind SANGS.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

EWAAN Galleries
Can you authenticate this comment Ewaan?

ie scan a letter.. provide a copy of an email..

that is a very big jump for them to make considering the calabre of the people apparently behind SANGS.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Hi

You can email him yourself :) Or anyone else in World Coins at Heritage... Just send them an email - they will reply :)

PS: Scott, Initially you were totally against SANGS when i commented they will grade a whole bunch of PF70s when they asked that we assist with grading of modern coins......

Until you got a call from a "SOMEONE" you had to start supporting SANGS concept right?

Rare NotesCoins

Hi all.

Thomas said they will start taking coins from 1st of March and then they will be selling grading on Bob aswell. That is all the info I have.

Regards and have a stunning year.

Morne

rjbSALES
Hi

You can email him yourself :) Or anyone else in World Coins at Heritage... Just send them an email - they will reply :)

PS: Scott, Initially you were totally against SANGS when i commented they will grade a whole bunch of PF70s when they asked that we assist with grading of modern coins......

Until you got a call from a "SOMEONE" you had to start supporting SANGS concept right?

sjoe...the more I read these threads the more I come to realise politics is everywhere even in numismatics.... i hope my observations are wrong :-(

geejay50

Hi All,

This anonymity as to ownership of SANGS is not good for any company that wants to serve (they havent really started yet). One or two ZAR coins graded for their chosen clients does not equal service, it only serves to irritate those collectors who do not have the means to send to USA.Who do they have to hide and why???

NGC celebrates its 25th Anniversary this year. Is it not a pleasure to have a Grading Company that has such a long track record and data base which we can use as an Internationaly recognised Gold Standard with regard to coin availability and quality.Our cream of SA Numismatics already lies in NGC and PCGS slabs with a Data base that is plain to see.

The high mintage, low value modern coins are left for the local Companies if they can get their act together and concentrate on service and reliability. Its going to be a long road though.I personally think NGC and PCGS do an excellent job and any smaller local grading company if they can survive , will always live in their shadow.

Geejay

Guest Guest

The Phantom

Hi

I will leave it to someone with more interest in grading than I to take up your suggestion Ewaan.

You conspiracy about someone giving me the nod to support SANGS made me chuckle... I think you know me well enough by now to know that is not how I operate - I always speak my mind. For the record no one contacted me in the past regarding this thread.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Bellcoin

WOW Ewaan is all I can say - Heritage will not sell SANGS coins - conflict of interest??

Heritage is in conflict with NGC - that's a plain and simple fact - Heritage has shares in NGC.

THAT'S CONFLICT OF INTEREST!

The whole numismatic grading - 3rd party - is in conflict of interest.

GOOGLE - and the answers are there to see.

MY prize ZAR coins- not slabbed - why should I slab them? To have them authenticated? To have the grade confirmed? Don't think so, its just not worth the effort and time.

Edited by Bellcoin

EWAAN Galleries
WOW Ewaan is all I can say - Heritage will not sell SANGS coins - conflict of interest??

Heritage is in conflict with NGC - that's a plain and simple fact - Heritage has shares in NGC.

THAT'S CONFLICT OF INTEREST!

The whole numismatic grading - 3rd party - is in conflict of interest.

GOOGLE - and the answers are there to see.

MY prize ZAR coins- not slabbed - why should I slab them? To have them authenticated? To have the grade confirmed? Don't think so, its just not worth the effort and time.

Huge difference - Heritage has a stake in NGC - 100% non voting shares. NGC is an independent 3rd party grading company.....

We still do not know who own SANGS - BUT we do know that SAAND dealers will have a say in the grading.......

Great news for SA though - We now have 2 local grading companies - SANGS and SACGS.....

We prefer the experts, ie NGC and PCGS :) - we just more comfortable sending our coins to expert graders who have no interests in the South African coin market.

Bellcoin

BREAKING NEWS

HERITAGE AUCTIONS SEEMS TO BE INTERESTED IN SELLING SANGS GRADED COINS!

MY EMAIL BELOW:

"[TABLE=width: 0]

[TR]

[TD]488554 -[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Topic:[/TD]

[TD]Other[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Question:[/TD]

[TD]I have coins that have been graded by South African Numismatic Grading Services

(South African Coins of the 1892 - 1898 ZAR era).

Is it possible to submit these coins for auction via Heritage?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

THE RESPONSE:

From your description we may be interested in your coins. Can you send a list of the coins you want to sell?

Thank you,

Robert Lilly

Numismatist

Heritage Auctions

Well that's that on the Heritage Auction issues.

Edited by qball
No contact details

Guest Guest

Well done Bellcoin!!

Never take things on face value.

Do your own research.. you can shoot the messenger but the truth prevails.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

EWAAN Galleries
BREAKING NEWS

HERITAGE AUCTIONS SEEMS TO BE INTERESTED IN SELLING SANGS GRADED COINS!

MY EMAIL BELOW:

"[TABLE=width: 0]

[TR]

[TD]488554 -[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Topic:[/TD]

[TD]Other[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Question:[/TD]

[TD]I have coins that have been graded by South African Numismatic Grading Services

(South African Coins of the 1892 - 1898 ZAR era).

Is it possible to submit these coins for auction via Heritage?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

THE RESPONSE:

From your description we may be interested in your coins. Can you send a list of the coins you want to sell?

Thank you,

Robert Lilly

Numismatist

Heritage Auctions

Well that's that on the Heritage Auction issues.

They forgot to mention to you that they will not sell SANGS graded coins and they will probably crack it out of the capsule and submit the coins to NGC or PCGS....

I have an email from Heritage confirming that they will only sell graded NGC, PCGS, ANACS and ICG...

So yes they will sell your coins - but first crack them out of SANGS slabs..... :)

Now send them a list and ask them if they will leave the coins as graded by SANGS and sell them on one of their Signature Auctions....:)

Edited by qball

kimbo11

EWAAN what is your beef?

If you can't say anything positive about SANGS rather don't say anything.

You are going like you have shares in NGC.

If SANGS in any regard don't live up to the standards of the coin collecting public they will soon find out and stop using them, but let the collectors decide don't decide for them.

Cold Sea

Ditto

EWAAN what is your beef?

If you can't say anything positive about SANGS rather don't say anything.

You are going like you have shares in NGC.

If SANGS in any regard don't live up to the standards of the coin collecting public they will soon find out and stop using them, but let the collectors decide don't decide for them.

.... or, maybe the viral hype is all part of a well planned ad campaign!

EWAAN Galleries

Proof That Heritage Will Not Sell SANGS Graded Coins - From Vice President Of Coins

Hi

Okay here is emai below with proof that Heritage (The World's Largest Numismatic Auctioneer) will not sell SANGS Coins.

Email Below From Cris Bierrrenbach (Executive Vice President)

[TABLE=class: cf gJ]

[TR=class: acZ]

[TD=class: gF gK][TABLE=class: cf ix]

[TR]

[TD]Bierrenbach, Cristiano - 1661

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=class: gH]10:22 PM (22 minutes ago)cleardot.gif[/TD]

[TD=class: gH][/TD]

[TD=class: gH acX]cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 3][TABLE=class: cf adz]

[TR]

[TD=class: ady]to me

cleardot.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We only accept PCGS, NGC, ANACS and ICCS for Canadian. What is SANGS?

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:02 PM

To: Bierrenbach, Cristiano - 1661

Subject: Sangs graded coins..

Hi Cris

Please confirm that heritage will never sell coins graded by Sangs and other poor grading firms..

Please confirm for the record which grading companies Heritage will only recognise.

Thanks

The Above Email Clearly States Which Grading Firms Are World Recognized.

Kimbo: We are not against SANGS in any way.... We will give them 100% support if dealers have no personal interest in it... According to previous posting it was mentioned that dealers will assist with grading. Can dealers assist with grading coins???

cleardot.gif

Edited by qball
No contact details

kimbo11
Hi

Okay here is emai below with proof that Heritage (The World's Largest Numismatic Auctioneer) will not sell SANGS Coins.

Email Below From Cris Bierrrenbach (Executive Vice President)

[TABLE=class: cf gJ]

[TD=class: gF gK][TABLE=class: cf ix]

[TR]

[TD]Bierrenbach, Cristiano - 1661

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=class: gH]10:22 PM (22 minutes ago)cleardot.gif[/TD]

[TD=class: gH][/TD]

[TD=class: gH acX]cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 3][TABLE=class: cf adz]

[TR]

[TD=class: ady]to me

cleardot.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We only accept PCGS, NGC, ANACS and ICCS for Canadian. What is SANGS?

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:02 PM

To: Bierrenbach, Cristiano - 1661

Subject: Sangs graded coins..

Hi Cris

Please confirm that heritage will never sell coins graded by Sangs and other poor grading firms..

Please confirm for the record which grading companies Heritage will only recognise.

Thanks

The Above Email Clearly States Which Grading Firms Are World Recognized.

Kimbo: We are not against SANGS in any way.... We will give them 100% support if dealers have no personal interest in it... According to previous posting it was mentioned that dealers will assist with grading. Can dealers assist with grading coins???

cleardot.gif

EWAAN

How do you know SANGS is a poor grading service?

Don't worry to answer, you believe what you want but please don't try and force your views down other people's trought's

I am sure the people are more than "street wise" enough to make up their own minds without your preaching

Edited by qball

EWAAN Galleries
EWAAN

How do you know SANGS is a poor grading service?

Don't worry to answer, you believe what you want but please don't try and force your views down other people's trought's

I am sure the people are more than "street wise" enough to make up their own minds without your preaching

If dealers have a say in grading of coins it is a poor grading service..

kimbo11

EWAAN

I am done tring to talk with you, if that is your views and you want to spread it, open a website, print fliers, stand on a street coner whatever.

EWAAN Galleries

Hi

This is a forum where we have open debates. Scott asked for proof that Heritage Will Not sell SANGS coins and I have given full proof with emails in the above posting.

what is the point of having a numismatic forum like this if we cannot have debates?

PS: Great News for Bid or Buy as most of the SANGS graded coins will have to be sold here on auction :)