Sign in to follow this  
coinoisseur

South African Numismatic Grading Service (S.A.N.G.S)

PBGold

It will take many years to grow a new grading entity.

I am sure that NGC etc. did not start off where they are now.

Nickel and Dime
Wow self promoting I would say! There are a number of NGC and PCGS Dealers besides yourself that can assist in submissions to NGC and PCGS at well below prices you offer as a dealer.

You don't have to go through a dealer. Anyone can submit to NGC and PCGS, and it is really cheap. <--- I know, I know, the sky is blue; but not everyone knows this. ;)

Nickel and Dime
Another before and after - actually an after and before!

Ok, that is pretty impressive!

Pierre_Henri

SANGS website and contact details

I called Thomas today and asked him why the SANGS website is not up and running?

He said that they were waiting for a dedicated (permanent) telephonist to man (maybe not the right word -- LOL!) the enquiry SANGS telephone line - she will be appointed in coming January.

The website wil actually open later in December but with only e-mail contact details and then with telephone contact details from January after the holidays.

Regards

Pierre

EWAAN Galleries
I called Thomas today and asked him why the SANGS website is not up and running?

He said that they were waiting for a dedicated (permanent) telephonist to man (maybe not the right word -- LOL!) the enquiry SANGS telephone line - she will be appointed in coming January.

The website wil actually open later in December but with only e-mail contact details and then with telephone contact details from January after the holidays.

Regards

Pierre

Hi

Great..... So would submitters be sending coins to an email address?

kimbo11

Regards

Pierre

Thank you Pierre

kimbo11
Hi

Great..... So would submitters be sending coins to an email address?

Ummm so you deposit you coin in the scanner slot and send it like that? (joke)

i presume they will email you the fisical address to mail your coins to.

EWAAN Galleries
Ummm so you deposit you coin in the scanner slot and send it like that? (joke)

i presume they will email you the fisical address to mail your coins to.

Still has same risk as going to America.... Courier companies do not insure coins.... But up to date we have never lost a coin ever :)

kimbo11
Still has same risk as going to America.... Courier companies do not insure coins.... But up to date we have never lost a coin ever :)

At least it is not so far, and would cost far less to get the coin on the graders table.

EWAAN Galleries
At least it is not so far, and would cost far less to get the coin on the graders table.

Hi

Actually Courier companies are quite cheap.... Will cost maybe 20% cheaper on shipping...

Remember shipping to America is actually very cheap....

kimbo11
Hi

Actually Courier companies are quite cheap.... Will cost maybe 20% cheaper on shipping...

Remember shipping to America is actually very cheap....

ok .. thanks

EWAAN Galleries
ok .. thanks

And on bulk submissions it only costs $6.50 per coin which is only R52 - Now cannot tell me thats expensive....

Okay lets add on another R20 for shipping...

So total grading cost for bulk submissions is only R72 per coin :)

Will SANGS able to match the grading fee of only R52?

NOW THAT IS CHEAP!!!!

kimbo11
And on bulk submissions it only costs $6.50 per coin which is only R52 - Now cannot tell me thats expensive....

NOW THAT IS CHEAP!!!!

But if i just have 5 coins to submit?

EWAAN Galleries
But if i just have 5 coins to submit?

Will then be around R150 a coin.... This includes all shipping to and from America :)

kimbo11
Will then be around R150 a coin.... This includes all shipping to and from America :)

EWAAN i understand what you say, but we must also not expect the convenient shop at the BP around the corner to be as cheap or cheaper than Makro in the city.

Also like it was said before the SANGS is also a business it must survive they cant compete with the "big boy's" at this time and we must not expect them to.

Edited by kimbo11

jwither

NOW THAT IS CHEAP!!!!

What coins are you submitting for $6.50 each? If 100 or 1000 2008 90th Birthday 5R, that makes sense. But if it is any combination of different coins, I have never heard of that before. To my knowldege, NGC or PCGS will only offer that type of discount if the coins are the same date/denomination/design combination.

EWAAN Galleries
What coins are you submitting for $6.50 each? If 100 or 1000 2008 90th Birthday 5R, that makes sense. But if it is any combination of different coins, I have never heard of that before. To my knowldege, NGC or PCGS will only offer that type of discount if the coins are the same date/denomination/design combination.

NGC looks after good clients by offering us the best prices and saving us monies where possible!

NO FURTHER COMMENT!!!

PBGold

SANGS apparently has around 20 000 coins for grading already.

jwither
SANGS apparently has around 20 000 coins for grading already.

Then we should be able to see in short order how the prices of coins in these holders compare to those of NGC and PCGS in the same grades, where there is a basis for comparison.

EWAAN Galleries
Then we should be able to see in short order how the prices of coins in these holders compare to those of NGC and PCGS in the same grades, where there is a basis for comparison.

Interesting.....20000 coins, a minimum of 80% (if not more) will be modern coins....

flipvs

Ngc ???????

My experience with NGC since the second half of last year was some kind of "what the heck is wrong with those guys"???

How is it possible that the 2011 centenerary coins get graded as mandela birthday coins? Not an error every once in a blue moon, they keep on popping up on BoB just about on a weekly basis.

Some of my coins came back with grades that the only comment I could make was "How can this be possible?"

At this stage I would like to give SANGS the credit they deserve by opening this service in SA where just about everybody do not see the sun shining on all of us. I will send my coins at the earliest possible time and look forward to getting my first grades back.

Good to hear that the "controversial icon" Uncle Brian Hern is also around, might see consistent gradings then.

Thanks chaps, you have my support (everything that NGC lost since last year) and look forward to my first batch to be graded!

Hope there will be more collectors sharing the same opinion.

Flip

kimbo11

Hi.

Who knows when the site will be up and when can we start submitting coins?

rjbSALES

good afternoon all, I saw the ZAR Ponde listed by Pierre henri, havent been on the forum for a long while, I have one question which Ewaan asked, I haven't received an answer yet, all I want to know is who is the owners of the Pty ltd or the SANGS as it is a privetly owned comany. I would always like to support SA businesses but would like to know who I am dealing with.