Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

SNC-nobody at fault, is this a valid reason?

SProducts

I have sent an email to BoB to appeal this decision about the SNC.

A buyer won an item, didnt complete checkout. After 7 days I file SNC with reason payment not received and immediately block thebuyer like I do on all buyers. The buyer appeals with the following reason, "Seller blocked me, I cannot pay. I bought over 50 items during the month of May 2011. All were paid within 8 hours. I have been ill for the last few days and have not logged onto Bid or Buy. If the seller wants to block me, thats fine. I will cross that seller off my list of dealers that I buy from."

Today I get an email that nobody is at fault from teh SNC admin. I think this is unfair, the buyer didnt even contact me to request I unblock them so they complete checkout. Also they didnt complete checkout after they won the auction which shows they had no interest to complete the order in the first place.

Just wanted to find out what other sellers thingk about this kind of reason.

Wild Olive Art

Just how ill do you have to be to be unable to log on to the internet ??

I think this buyer has a really lame excuse. If he was well enough to bid , he should have been well enough to complete the purchase at the close of auction.

" last few days" does not constitute the full 7 days in which he had to pay. Furthermore , having bought from you previously , he had your email address , he could have emailed you an apology and requested that you unblock him.

I don't think that I would have blocked him had he proven to be a good customer in the past however this buyer is very much at fault having not effected payment in the allotted time!

lilythepink

Wild Olive Art's sentiments are mine exactly!

SProducts
Just how ill do you have to be to be unable to log on to the internet ??

I think this buyer has a really lame excuse. If he was well enough to bid , he should have been well enough to complete the purchase at the close of auction.

" last few days" does not constitute the full 7 days in which he had to pay. Furthermore , having bought from you previously , he had your email address , he could have emailed you an apology and requested that you unblock him.

I don't think that I would have blocked him had he proven to be a good customer in the past however this buyer is very much at fault having not effected payment in the allotted time!

This was his first sale from me, he never bought from me before. But still he had my email as Bidorbuy do forward this information to the buyer with the winning email notification.

Wild Olive Art

Sorry , I misunderstood his email to BOB - I assumed he had purchased from you when he referred to his previous 50 sales.

As a 1st time buyer defaulting I would have blocked him too !

wayjen

You must remember, we have lots of sickly and wealthy people on BoB so you are bound to get "I was sick" or "I was out of the country" emails when you file an SNC.

voldermort

exactly, there is a very small percentage of poor yet healthy people on BoB :biggrin:

eZethu Coins
I have sent an email to BoB to appeal this decision about the SNC.

A buyer won an item, didnt complete checkout. After 7 days I file SNC with reason payment not received and immediately block thebuyer like I do on all buyers. The buyer appeals with the following reason, "Seller blocked me, I cannot pay. I bought over 50 items during the month of May 2011. All were paid within 8 hours. I have been ill for the last few days and have not logged onto Bid or Buy. If the seller wants to block me, thats fine. I will cross that seller off my list of dealers that I buy from."

Today I get an email that nobody is at fault from teh SNC admin. I think this is unfair, the buyer didnt even contact me to request I unblock them so they complete checkout. Also they didnt complete checkout after they won the auction which shows they had no interest to complete the order in the first place.

Just wanted to find out what other sellers thingk about this kind of reason.

I think a blocked buyer can still complete orders and rate - they are just blocked from bidding as far as I remember - so no excuse from the buyer side.

lilythepink

Well my latest experience is to do with a new buyer whom I have rated negatively and told that if payment was received by 5 pm today, the sale could go through and I would change the rating. He/she said my comments are unwarranted and that a wrong reference was involved - not sure whether the buyer is blaming BoB or him/herself!

Now, is this sale going to go through or not - that is the question? I'll wait a day or two and see if the money appears in my BoB eft account. If not, I shall file a SNC and stick with it.