Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Tracking Numbers and Buyers.

wayjen

According to BoB rules, the parcel shall remain our responsibility until it is in the Buyers hands. Do we have to give them tracking numbers for our parcels or can we keep the number and track it and then issue the number once it has landed by the buyers post office?

kyle2

As a buyer, I rather appreciate the tracking number as soon as possible, gives me an idea where it is and when it's going to get to me. (in an ideal world!)

This new tracking site someone in the forums dug up is fantastic, it even emails you everytime the parcel is scanned, might be an idea to forward this link to the buyers with the tracking number each time.

http://trackingnumber.co.za

:awesome:

wayjen

kyle half the time they have no idea what to do with a tracking number.

TS Ron

Wayjen that is why I actually track the item after two and send the tracking report as well. You have to explain to them what to do with the tracking number the post office shall be so glad if no knew what to do with a tracking number though.:confused:

wayjen

you so right. Back in the day they actually sent out a notice to you saying there was a parcel for you and you would collect but these days they don't do that hoping you will forget it and it an "get lost" in the post.

wayjen

Buyer in Netherlands buys items from us and we ship off to him. After a month or so we get a email from Paypal saying he has lodged a dispute, or something like that, because he has not received his parcel. We have no communication from him in this regard and we cannot track parcels once it leaves our shores. We contact him with a screenshot of what happened to his parcel in South Africa and told him he has to contact his postal service o find his parcel as the tracking number changes once it arrives in the overseas country. He emails now saying he has traced it to their post office/customs and is waiting for feedback from them.

How are sellers responsible for parcels until it is in the hands of the buyers, both here and overseas? Why do buyers not communicate with sellers BEFORE they run to the people who have no knowledge of what is happening?

The mind boggles.

wayjen

Once again I climb on my soapbox and preach.

We get a negative rating now as the buyer has paid and not received her parcel and our SAPO does not reflect in the system.

Well *%$#@ (yes I do swear allot) me if it takes me less then a minute to track the parcel to the buyers post office and the 1st notification was sent out only 3 days after leaving our post office.

Why do we bother with tracking numbers at all when people do not know what these numbers are and proberly think they free airtime vouchers we hand out willy nilly.

We have emailed screen shots of the tracking information (oh hell I hope they can read), and a very nice email with regards to the accusations this buyer is alluding too.

Seeds for Africa

The frustrating thing is I always send tracking numbers yet often get buyers asking me a few weeks later for their tracking number!

Kit W
The frustrating thing is I always send tracking numbers yet often get buyers asking me a few weeks later for their tracking number!

I like to send the tracking numbers on the BoB message facility and at the same time do the buyers rating. This is also proof that the tracking number has been sent

wayjen

We only send tracking numbers via the BoB messaging system and even then people don't know what it means.

lilythepink

Wayne, I always put this paragraph below the tracking number when I give it to buyers:

"If the parcel is not in your hands within 5 to 7 working days, please take the tracking number in to your local Post Office and lodge a written enquiry as to its whereabouts. (The PO have a special form you will need to complete in this regard.) I hope, however, that you won't have any problem and that you will be happy with your purchase."

That seems to cover all aspects pretty well and I don't recall more than one problem when a buyer didn't fetch their parcel and got me worried, but it all got sorted out.