Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Some people......

Seeds for Africa

I have a Deal of the week special on at the moment. The price was reduced to R 180 inclusive of shipping from R190 including shipping. I get this CW alert.

I am enquiring about the Home-Gro Gourmet oyster Mushroom Kit. My daughter saw it on the site last week and it was R145 or there abouts. I told her to wait for her pocket money so she could buy it. This week pocket money ready, we were very excited to find it on Deal of the week. It is now R180! Even including postage, it is still more than it was last week. Please explain how this works??? As a first time user of bid or buy, I am not certain that I would trust any seller on your website after this.

Thank you.

Regards

Roberto

My comments would be :

1) Can the buyer not add up? It was R145 plus R45 shipping which makes R190. The deal of the week is R180. Thats R10 less!!!

2) I am confused - what is a kid spending pocket money buying a Gourmet Oyster Mushroom growing kit. Maybe its just me, but I am not aware of any kids who would spend their pocket money on such things! Would be nice to know how old the daughter is - thought there were rules about kids using bob?

Above all, the irritation factor, is being told that he wont trust buyers when clearly he has his facts wrong!

I have already responded politely to the CW, however I find this highly irritating!

Just venting!

Wild Olive Art

I can understand your irritation ! How totally unnecessary to send an alert to CW he could have asked you a question directly. Obnoxious character !

I too find it surprising that any child would want to spend pocket money on Mushrooms .

As for his comment not to trust any seller on the website " after this" - well that's just totally petty.

I hope CW forwards your response and that he feels like a total idiot when he receives your reply.

kyle2

First time buyers.....................they always know it all and better than you. Sad.:thinking:

JPBon

Im convinced that all sellers should have a button, "give the buyer and electric Shock" this would help tremendously in these kinds of situations.

Seeds for Africa

Well, an update. Bob repsonded to the buyers CW alert, explaining that they were not for sale at the price the buyer claimed last week. The buyer then responded, that he would buy a similar product from another seller on the site, and disputed my market price. I never make use of market prices unless I have a precedent for market prices. This product sells for R295 at a national wholesale chain and at one of the big 3 supermarket chains! So essentially as he doesnt have an answer to his first complaint he now has a new complaint! And I also find it amusing that after he says that he wont trust sellers on bob, he is quick to say he will now buy a similar product from a another seller. I am still amused and would wonder why his daughter would be spending her pocket money on an oyster mushroom growing kit!

Once again, thanks to Bob for a clear and logical response to the seller - and if I put a market price on something I can prove that it has been sold at that price previously. I am a firm believer in giving buyers exactly what I say I will give them!

Thanks Cuan for your quick fire response to the buyer!

TS Ron

I think we all just need a holiday some where away from bidorbuy maybe a Island where no one can find me especially! Shame maybe the child is inquisitive to see how mushrooms grow? It is strange though my sons would of expected me to buy it though.

lilythepink

Please don't put ideas into my head with mushroom growing. I have enough crafts to cope with already! lol

It reminds me of our best friends in East London who, about 35 years ago, lived on a farm. Tim decided that mushroom growing was going to make him rich and he went for it lock, stock and barrel, buying spores etc through the Farmers' Weekly.

By the time it came to harvesting the mushrooms, he found that if he were to make a profit he would have to sell his mushrooms at four times the price they were in the shops! Needless to say, he ended up selling the mushroom mix as compost and somehow just recouped his costs but obviously it isn't as easy as some people think it is to grow mushrooms.

Seeds for Africa
Please don't put ideas into my head with mushroom growing. I have enough crafts to cope with already! lol

It reminds me of our best friends in East London who, about 35 years ago, lived on a farm. Tim decided that mushroom growing was going to make him rich and he went for it lock, stock and barrel, buying spores etc through the Farmers' Weekly.

By the time it came to harvesting the mushrooms, he found that if he were to make a profit he would have to sell his mushrooms at four times the price they were in the shops! Needless to say, he ended up selling the mushroom mix as compost and somehow just recouped his costs but obviously it isn't as easy as some people think it is to grow mushrooms.

Well, this is rather simpler! You cut a slit in the box, and mist it with water twice a day (not serious if you miss a misting). 10 Days later you have a nice harvest of white oyster mushrooms!!! Its rather simple. The real value in this product is the fun aspect. The mushrooms literally grow before your eyes. I have had great feedback from customers, with some sending me photos of their boxes. Its really good fun!

Talking of fun, I m trying to bring a bit of fun to the gardening section.... I think my naughty chillis fall firmly into the fun category! I have secured the exclusive rights to distribute the genuine "Chilli Willy" branded growing kits for Africa. This is essentially gardening for "dummies". The kit is a mini greenhouse, with a peat free soil mix. Seeds are included. You plant the seeds, pop the pot in the greenhouse, put a bit of water in it (water is only required once a week). The greenhouse and the soil mix promote the growth of a healthy chilli seedling. Once the seedling has sprouted sets of leaves, you can then replant it either outdoors or in a pot. Chilli Willy's are great for container growing. The kits come in two sizes - The Chilli Willy Solo & the Chilli Willy 6 pot greenhouse. I thought that bob was keeping me busy but this product is really flying (sales outside of bob).

Seeds & Bulbs - XXX Chilli Willy TM Growing Kits XXX The original XXX 6 Pot Greenhouse Pepper Growing Kit XXX for sale in Cape Town (ID:38475672)

Seeds & Bulbs - XXX Chilli Willy TM Growing Kits XXX The original XXX Grow your own naughty looking chilli's XXX for sale in Cape Town (ID:38472557)

I really just like bringing fun and innovational products, which makes what I do all that much more exciting!

And I hope this isnt seen as trying to sell my products on the forum - I am just expressing my excitement about my products!!!

lilythepink

Grant, please don't tempt me to start something else. My willpower with this remarkable mushroom kit is almost non-existent and MrAerospace is having a fit!

Seeds for Africa
Grant, please don't tempt me to start something else. My willpower with this remarkable mushroom kit is almost non-existent and MrAerospace is having a fit!

hahahaha! You know you want to! Or........... you could start growing naughty chilli plants! They would fit in well with the "weeds" that grow in Grahamstown!

lilythepink
hahahaha! You know you want to! Or........... you could start growing naughty chilli plants! They would fit in well with the "weeds" that grow in Grahamstown!

I wouldn't want to shock The Beak with your chillis, Gamu. He's rather an innocent chap. (He loves chillis but I do not want to grow them!)

JPBon
I wouldn't want to shock The Beak with your chillis, Gamu. He's rather an innocent chap. (He loves chillis but I do not want to grow them!)

You would be the talk of the town though with those chillies.

lilythepink

They might just chase me out of town, JP! What next? Imagine me putting them up for sale in the home industries shop! LOL

JPBon
They might just chase me out of town, JP! What next? Imagine me putting them up for sale in the home industries shop! LOL

you can blame the beak.

lilythepink

The Beak peeps at them with one eye, bending his head on so gracefully and says, "What's that? What you doing?" (He is good at feigning innocence especially as he's keeping a beady eye on the goings on in Greece and Spain - see the thread "On the cusp"!)

Libertas Computers
Seeds for Africa
They've both got a spelling mistake in the one image's Please Note section "..grow a helathy seedling.."

Thanks for pointing that out LC. Noted!!!

Libertas Computers
Thanks for pointing that out LC. Noted!!!

No worries:noworry:! Hope things are still going well..

Really considering the old chilly, just which my flat had a balcony for a pot plant or something...

mellowred

Hi Gamu,

Did you see that young girl on Nolene 3Talk ... she has designed a "Reel Gardening" ... vegetable seeds are packaged in long paper strips - spaced exactly the distance they need for planting, include the right amount of fertiliser. The strips indicate how deep the seeds are planted; so all you do is make a tiny trench, plant your "paper strip", and only have to water where the seed marker appears.

Absolutely brilliant - and she is only 20ish.

Seeds for Africa
Hi Gamu,

Did you see that young girl on Nolene 3Talk ... she has designed a "Reel Gardening" ... vegetable seeds are packaged in long paper strips - spaced exactly the distance they need for planting, include the right amount of fertiliser. The strips indicate how deep the seeds are planted; so all you do is make a tiny trench, plant your "paper strip", and only have to water where the seed marker appears.

That sounds darn clever!!! Mmm ideas!!! Thanks for telling me.

Grant

Wild Olive Art
Hi Gamu,

This is fantastic - I see she was 16 when she came up with the idea . I have had a look at her website - Brilliant for house warming gifts . I am definitely going to try out her products , I am useless when it comes to spacing properly .