Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Negative rating warranted?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I recently bought from a seller with 3500 ratings and 100% positive-The seller has also bought from me on occasion and there were only pleasant transactions.

However i purchased on 11 may and paid on 13 may and this was acknowledged with positive rating from the seller on 17 may.To date (28 may) i have not yet had a tracking no.(paid for reg mail) and had no reply to 3emails requesting a tracking number.Not even the courtesy of a reply.

Would it be unreasonable of me to rate this as a negative transaction-I am very reasonable person but how can a seller maintain a 100 % positive record if he treats his buyers like this???

Any thoughts?

NEIL

Little Miss Muffet

Phone him. Anything can happen that delays a response

A neg will only tarnish your good trading between the 2 of you

TS Ron
HI

I recently bought from a seller with 3500 ratings and 100% positive-The seller has also bought from me on occasion and there were only pleasant transactions.

However i purchased on 11 may and paid on 13 may and this was acknowledged with positive rating from the seller on 17 may.To date (28 may) i have not yet had a tracking no.(paid for reg mail) and had no reply to 3emails requesting a tracking number.Not even the courtesy of a reply.

Would it be unreasonable of me to rate this as a negative transaction-I am very reasonable person but how can a seller maintain a 100 % positive record if he treats his buyers like this???

Any thoughts?

NEIL

I agree give him a call ! Flu seemed to have struck PE maybe the person is in bed and not get his parcels out etc! A very sensitive matter though

Edited by TS Ron

Seeds for Africa
I agree give him a call ! Flu seemed to have struck PE maybe the person is in bed and get not get his parcels out etc!

I would also call the person. They would not have a 100% record by dealing, like the experience you have had. Something may have happenned outside of their control.

Wild Olive Art

I am in a very similar situation. The seller has 100% positive ratings and acknowledged my payment with a positive rating and sent me a tracking number. The tracking number is however not valid and I tried repeatedly to get the sellers attention via email but have had no response . I would call them but they have no contact phone number on their details - only an email. I don't enjoy giving negative ratings as it is and especially not to a seller who has 100% positive ratings but a negative is going to be unavoidable .

Perhaps a negative rating will get the sellers attention - It can always be updated to a positive later , once you have the goods you bought.

As a seller myself I really do not believe it is up to a buyer to have to pursue his purchase. There is seldom good enough excuse for ignoring emails from buyers querying their orders . One would think that anybody selling on Bidorbuy would check their email regularly but on the off chance this seller has not perhaps send an sms or make the phone call and if you have no luck give the negative rating.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Thanks for all input-Although i sell a lot and know the type of service i provide i do not buy often and am aware that not all sellers provide the same level of service i do.The seller did contact me after 3rd email and provided tracking number with dispatch date on 25 may-He was ill.All resolved so sometimes it is necessary to be a little patient before rating negatively.

neil

lilythepink

When one has established good trading relations with someone it is always worth putting in some extra effort (and patience) - as ATA STAMP has proven.

And Olive Art getting an incorrect tracking number may just be due to a typo? It's also worth a call. If there are no telephone details just contact BoB who can follow up for you on this.

mellowred

Also if you have to resort to the rating process in the hope of getting a response, it may be better to start with a neutral.

Good sellers don't just turn bad for no reason. But whatever the circumstances, a good seller will know when he is not doing his part and should not be upset with any negative reaction from buyers.