Sign in to follow this  
Wild Olive Art

Awful abusive buyer.

JPBon

I would say that no matter what the customers throw at us one of the best things is to just take a walk and then answer, that way we have calmed down.

I have been on a mission for sometime about better service from shops etc. and find I write letters of complaint better once I have had a coffee and calmed down. Perhaps thats what we should do when dealing with customers who ask strange questions or make accusations. In any case normally Karma gets them anyways.

mellowred
Wild Olive Art - sympathies. This is the same buyer I had a run in with and complained about recently: http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/13574-threatening-buyers.html

Horrible experiences for both of you. The expression "take it from whence it comes" springs to mind. Obviously a cynical or unhappy individual.

Seems there is some truth in the claims that the change in weather and cosmic alignment cause us to go into a bit of a psycho dip. It effects some more than others :wink:

Wild Olive Art
I would say that no matter what the customers throw at us one of the best things is to just take a walk and then answer, that way we have calmed down.

I have been on a mission for sometime about better service from shops etc. and find I write letters of complaint better once I have had a coffee and calmed down. Perhaps thats what we should do when dealing with customers who ask strange questions or make accusations. In any case normally Karma gets them anyways.

You are absolutely correct JP . Respond rather than react. I reacted as soon as I saw his questions . I possibly would have answered him differently had I taken more time although considering how angry I felt at his little tantrum , I think my answer to him was rather restrained , lol

I suspect mellowred is right - an unhappy or cynical individual .

Little Miss Muffet

He has 100% positive ratings from sellers and pays top prices.

Perhaps he was excited about your painting.

I still think a soft answer would have gained you a good customer:colbert:

Seeds for Africa

I tend to agree with geewhizz. I have had some awkward questions, and I find that an unemotional "soft" reply takes the wind out of the antagonisers sails!

ziggy2000

Soft answers are called for in most cases. I know exactly where Wild Olive Art is coming from. The threats and intimidation I got from this buyer was totally uncalled for and in retrospect I wish I had taken a more aggressive stance with this buyer. Regardless of his past history of excellent ratings, I do not wish to do business with buyers like this, as I am sure Wild Olive Art does not regret losing this customer.

Wild Olive Art

Considering the experience Ziggy2000 had with him , I have my doubts , particularly as he was a previous customer of theirs who had experienced good service from them.

He left further unpleasant remarks on my listing which I have since deleted and I would prefer not to deal with customers who make a habit of being decidedly unpleasant.

Had he really wanted the painting or been excited about it , he would have put an automatic bid increase on it and would then not have had to throw a tantrum over losing a bid of a meagre R258 !! Furthermore , he has a grand total of 24 ratings - not difficult to achieve 100% on that score.

I am glad I responded the way I did to him and I will delete any bids from him that he may place on my work in future. This buyer is creating a history of being most unpleasant to sellers and in all my years of sales experience , customers such as this are seldom worth the stress they cause.

mellowred
......... customers such as this are seldom worth the stress they cause.

100% agree with that.

GeeWhizz & JP are also right, but there is a difference between being difficult and downright self-righteous.

Winning over a difficult person is always a pleasant experience, but the only way to do that is to gain their respect. I don't believe the self-righteous have much respect for their fellow-man.:colbert:

ziggy2000

Wild Olive Art, your response to him was spot on! Rude questions deserve rude answers! We can go around beating about the bush but sometimes our instincts and first responses are the best ones. This buyer strikes me as a very immature person who knows nothing about internet etiquette. I was civil in my responses and this only fueled his fire, he got progressively more threatening and insulting and the only way I got him to "go away' was to ignore him. We cannot compromise ourselves for that quick buck, in the long run it is just not worth it.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Guys

I've also recently had a very nasty experience with a "buyer" through the Q&A, also making alot of uncalled for accusations and ugly insinuations.

I was concerned that he might buy from me just to give me a negative rating for fun.

Andries was an angel and dealt with this person for me and I haven't heard a peep since.

I also took the precaution of taking screenshots of the offending comments before deleting them and these I've kept in case I ever need them, I sent these to Andries and it wasn't long and he took care of it for me. I felt like I was violated and almost being stalked so I understand exactly where the two of you are coming from.

It was a very unpleasant experience and in my case went on for a few days before I decided to do something about it, I also thought answering the person logically and professionally would be the answer and it wasn't, the accusations just got worse.

Anyway, thankyou to Andries again for sorting it out for me.

ziggy2000

So the saga continues - our arrogant buyer decided that it was time to start bidding on my items again and given the nasty interaction I had with him, I decided to delete his bid. So the abuse started all over again, except this time I was was prepared for it and it was like water of a duck's back. We live and learn.