Sign in to follow this  
Wild Olive Art

Awful abusive buyer.

Wild Olive Art

I have just had a buyer being really abusive in a question he asked on one of my listings. I am furious !!

Today I listed a painting on Snap Friday and a similar painting on Weekend Specials. Although the paintings are similar in colour , there are quite vast differences , not least of all , one is in portrait format and the other is landscape formate and any fool comparing the two side by side would see that they are glaringly different .

Below see the communication - if this idiot bids on my work , his bids will be deleted . I definitely won't entertain an abusive jerk like this !

I have made the buyer aware of this post.

Item SA Artist Bridgette Allan

Question scavanger (25 )

27 May 2011 17:31

hi there - im very confused at the moment - this painting was on snap up friday auction- i had bid R258 which was leading upto last minute and then i was outbid by a ""nicholaas """ now you have it back on starting at R100 ,oo is the nicholaas buyer then yourself ?????

UPDATED: 27 May 17:42

i notice that you aknowledged payment almost immediately and shortly relisted painting again on your page - pls clarify as im still interested to invest in your work but im now hesitant to this happening to attempt a purchase in the future !!!

Answer 27 May 2011 19:25

Please don't bother to buy my work , I don't want to do business with abusive people.

Question scavanger (25 )

27 May 2011 18:08

hi there - i see instead of anyone seeing my concerns of you outbidding people on your own paintings under another profile name just before closing - when u are not happy with price !!!! YOU DELETED MY QUESTION TO CLARIFY !!!!!!!! , i will contact bid or buy to clarify - because that is just WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer 27 May 2011 19:24

Hello scavenger.

Firstly , your 1st question has not been deleted. I am going to leave both your questions on my page to show other buyers what a jerk you are !! Please report my listings to Bidorbuy and contact them to clarify - it will be my pleasure to have your stupidity exposed !

Before you make wild accusations I suggest you compare the 2 paintings side by side. They are quite different , not least of all the one on Snap Friday is portrait format ( longer length from top to bottom) and the one on weekend specials is landscape format ( longer length from side to side) If you take the time and effort you will see that the paintings have numerous and substantial differences.

I don't appreciate your attitude , your accusations or your abuse and I will be reporting you to the Bidorbuy admin as well as copying your abuse onto a thread on the forum. No seller on this site appreciates buyers like you and nor should anybody be subjected to this kind of unnecessary abuse.

JPBon

I would say well done.

Wild Olive Art

JP , I really hate it when someone sends bad energy my way. I feel really rattled by this buyer - so unnecessary , most of my buyers are wonderful people and then someone like this crawls out of a hole !

JPBon

people jump to conclusions and do not check properly before making accusations.

Wild Olive Art

He could have just asked in a decent way instead of freaking out all over my listing ! Anyway , I reported him to admin - hopefully they will advise him against abusive behaviour in the future and he will be less inclined to treat other sellers in a similar way.

Little Miss Muffet

I did not see his first question as abusive. He mistook the second painting for the first and I think if you had pointed that out to him he would have seen his error.

Maybe his 2nd question is a little abusive but it is probably because of the way you answered him.

He clearly asks you to "Clarify" and is still interested in the work.....

TS Ron
He could have just asked in a decent way instead of freaking out all over my listing ! Anyway , I reported him to admin - hopefully they will advise him against abusive behaviour in the future and he will be less inclined to treat other sellers in a similar way.

Geat I am glad you reported this buyer Do not allow yourself to become intimidated by this.

Wild Olive Art

Geewizz - he accused me outright of shell bidding in his 1st question and then proceeded to update his question with further accusations. He then asked a second question before I even answered the 1st accusing me of deleting his question to cover up my shell bidding. So there is no way his abuse can be justified or blamed on the " way I answered his question" . He was abusive before I answered anything !

" hi there - i see instead of anyone seeing my concerns of you outbidding people on your own paintings under another profile name just before closing - when u are not happy with price !!!! YOU DELETED MY QUESTION TO CLARIFY !!!!!!!! , i will contact bid or buy to clarify - because that is just WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

If you look at the times of my answers to him you will notice that I only answered his questions AFTER he had asked 2 and updated his questions . His abuse was definitely not due to what you mistook as my 1st answer - his abuse was before I replied to anything and my request that he not buy from me was actually my last comment and not my 1st.

Had this buyer had the courtesy to simply ask me to clarify , it would have been an entirely different matter. He didn't. He made wild accusation for other buyers to see on my item listing.

There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour at all. Had he suspected I had relisted the item , he should have had a good look at the 2 listings to make sure before he made accusations. Shell bidding is not taken lightly on this site and I don't appreciate being accused of it especially not by buyers who make rash assumptions without actually comparing the listings.

Little Miss Muffet

I personally would still have answered his question, amicably, to clarify his concerns.

He was obviously impatient to get an answer.

"A soft answer turns away wrath."

This online trading has a funny effect on us. We all seem so "Kort af" I think we are all going:nuts::biggrin:

JPBon
I personally would still have answered his question, amicably, to clarify his concerns.

This online trading has a funny effect on us. We all seem so "Kort af" I think we are all going:nuts::biggrin:

I would like to state for the record that i am not going nuts. I am already there

meeks

So True; I have discovered, that one sometimes have to have according to the phrase " hair on your teeth" to be a seller on BOB., and some days just want to "throw in the towel" and boy, am I close to doing just that.!!!

Wild Olive Art

I can't stand confrontation. I have been so fortunate in the customers I have had to date and yes , I agree with you Geewiz , a soft answer does usually turn away wrath but I don't want buyers like this one. A hot head who jumps to conclusions and makes unpleasant accusations on a sellers listing will more likely than not be difficult. There was really no need for his impatience - his questions and updates were over a period of only 30mins ! He didn't give me much a chance to respond !

Anyway I have deleted the questions now , I don't want nonsense like this on my listings, accusations of dual profiles and shell bidding does not bear well for sales.

SKooB

I think he forgot his wife's birthday or wedding anni. And the BUYER is scared of going home without the beautiful painting his wife so badly wants!

...how do you make a Swiss roll? THROW him down the Alps. Hope that makes u smile..

Little Miss Muffet

Thank goodness I shall roaming the Island of England for the next month.

I hope my head clears after getting away from the mettle of trading online.:awesome:

JPBon
Thank goodness I shall roaming the Island of England for the next month.

I hope my head clears after getting away from the mettle of trading online.:awesome:

Dont you need a bag carrier?

Little Miss Muffet

Where is Wayne?? He could find me one.:biggrin:

This old bag may need carrying from time to time:biggrin:

mellowred

Jp, you can't go ... you have too much washing to do and still need to find that iron.

But I'm available :amuse:

JPBon
Jp, you can't go ... you have too much washing to do and still need to find that iron.

But I'm available :amuse:

Geez dont try muscle in on my turf here....Pam I even have a trolley ready.

Wild Olive Art
Wild Olive Art - sympathies. This is the same buyer I had a run in with and complained about recently: http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/13574-threatening-buyers.html

Thanks Ziggy , I remember reading your thread . I was completely blown away by this chaps aggressive questioning and his impatience. I feel he was way out of line with his approach and his accusations. The way in which he questioned my ethics was just plain nasty and totally uncalled for.

Anyway I sent an email to Bob with a copy of the Q & A . I hope he gets a warning and I am delighted that this is not the 1st time he has been reported.

I also deleted the rantings off my profile - I wanted to initially leave it there for other people to see , but he didn't stop and made comments about how he would rather have invested in more original work anyway and that he didn't realize I made identical copies of my paintings ! Hardly the case , he is just blatantly confrontational and very unpleasant.

@JP - it does not surprise me , I got a very horrible feeling from this buyer - call it instinct , whatever , I had a gut feeling he was bad news and now I am really glad I took the approach with him that I did.

JPBon

@JP - it does not surprise me , I got a very horrible feeling from this buyer - call it instinct , whatever , I had a gut feeling he was bad news and now I am really glad I took the approach with him that I did.

Actually if he does his research he will find that most artists will paint in a style or have more than one piece which look similar.... with differences of course but still. Having done ceramics for many years I know alot of ours looks the same yet I can tell the differences between every piece.

Wild Olive Art

JP That's exactly what I told him after more of his rantings about my " identical" work. All the artists I know including top selling South African artists tend to work in ' series " where similar works are produced and sometimes past techniques or works are revisited . It's all about practice in order to " perfect " a technique or achieve a desired effect.

I eventually deleted all the updates etc re this issue because he was determined to undermine me as an artist of any worth when I proved that I wasn't a cheat . It's actually just not worth getting into it with people like this but it really did upset me.

Seeing that this was the same person Ziggy had a run in with has made me feel much better.

JPBon

Well thats exactly it. All artists work in series, just look at all the donkeys on offer on Bob

Wild Olive Art

LOL JP !! :amuse: I hadn't thought of the donkeys , how did I miss that ? If I take the donkey example I have quite a way to go before my numbers come close and thereafter I may even embroider the painting onto socks or stamp it into clay !