Sign in to follow this  
AppleBerry

How to STOP buyers from placing duplicate orders

AppleBerry

I am sure i am not the only one who is experiencing this problem of duplicate orders being placed.

I just had 2 separate buyers placing 3 and 2 orders for the same products respectively. Bidorbuy says we must file an SNC but as a seller we now have to go back and edit our stock quantities, then wait for 7 days to file the SNC only to have the buyer ignore the SNC and we have to wait another 7 days for it to be completed.

The main reason that orders are placed is because they made a mistake with the order like incorrect address or shipping cost.

How do i stop this, any suggestions?

AppleBerry

Edited by AppleBerry

bekka87266

I had a buyer who placed 3 orders with her first account and 4 orders of the second account she made the same day

all because she forgot how to log in her email and didn't know how to check her placed orders at all. Never mind fathoming the art of Bob pay....

The sad thing is, you can't filter your orders and choose who gets to order from you until you get hammered on your nerves with these newbies,

so all you can do is hold your thumbs :wacko:

kebs

I have a prompt at checkout leading to google documents with extra info. One of the points in this is that I tell buyers if they make a mistake with postage, to please not make a duplicate purchase & then I explain seller fees, SNC etc to them. I tell them to contact me first so that we can fix the mistake. So far, I haven't had any further double buys... Maybe you can put this info into your shipping section?