Sign in to follow this  
djprix

Fradulent seller

djprix

hi ther...

I require urgent legal advice.

A few months back i bought a GPs unit via bidorbuy from a seller.

i had dealt with this seller before.

This time tho the unit got damaged after it was loaned to a friend & i contacted the seller to enquire if he had contacts to get it repaired.

He took the unit & after a few days told me it was un-repairable but he would pay me R250 for the parts.

A month or so later, he stil hadnt paid after giving me numeruos assurances that he would.

A week or so later, my internet banking by mistake paid him R1000 instead of transferring to another beneficiary(this was my error, as i had the details incorrectly saved on my internet banking). I contacted the seller asap to inform him2 please transfer it back, as it was a mistake.

He told me that the details i had were actually of his partner, who was overseas(in China) & i would have to wait a few days for him2 return, so he could verify that the payment was actually done. After a few days his partner verified that this was true & the seller, informed me he would pay me the R1000 + R250 he stil owed me. This was in April, to date he still hasnt paid,. Almost everytime i contact him, he informs me he will be doing the payment today or is it at the Bank doing the payment as we speak, but he still hasnt paid. I am fed up with the seller & wish to press charges in some way, otherwise i dont think i will ever get my money.

What are the necessary steps i can take? The amount is a small 1, but since i am a student, it is for me a significant amount, as wel as the time the seller has wasted of me...

Please advise..

Wild Olive Art

Email the seller and tell him you are going to proceed with laying a charge against him for theft. It's easy enough to lay a charge , just go to your nearest police station with all the email proof of the communication between you and they will advise what to charge him with.

For a small amount like this , you could pursue the issue through the small claims court .

kyle2

If this person has acknowledged receipt of the money, you've got a strong case, all this type of correspondence will prove invaluable. By not returning your money he is committing fraud as well.

djprix

Thanks guys, i am at my wits end with this seller...

Is it too late to lay a charge now a month n a half later?

i kept waiting 4 the seller 2 honestly give me my money

Anybody has any experience with small claims court, i have been to their site & emailed them about this matter, still waiting for a reply

TS Ron

It is never to late to contact the staff at Bidorbuy I sincerely find them most helpful. This seller needs to investigated perhaps.

lilythepink

No, it's also not too late to open a case with SAPS. You have up to three years to do this before your claim becomes prescribed.