Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Time for change

dstorm

Hello all

I know that there are many sellers on BoB who source their stamps at the local Gauteng stamp fairs. Therefore I believe that the following post is relevant to the BoB Stamp Forum.

I started the forerunner to the current East Rand Stamp Fair in 1998 against ALL odds. Since then, the fair grew to become one of the major attractions on the local stamp calendar. The East Rand Stamp Fair hosted TWO very successful Junior National Stamp Shows as well as the unprecedented and still unsurpassed “Exhibition with a Difference”. The last mentioned solely organised by Steve Catlin, Kenny Napier and myself.

However, I now (13 years after starting the fair) feel that I am not the right person to run the fair anymore. I feel that some new blood, new ideas and some true enthusiasm are needed.

I have thus handed the fair over to Steve Catlin and Kenny Napier, effective from the 25th of June. Both Steve and Kenny are executive members on the SAPDA committee. They are also very active on the internet and are no strangers to BoB. I know that they will be able to take the East Rand Stamp Fair into a new era.

I will of course still attend the East Rand Stamp Fair as a dealer (complaining as much as possible to the new organisers).

Thanks and regards

Jacques

kennyn

Hello Jacques

Please be 100% assured that your complaints will be dealt with in exactly the same manner as ours were by the previous highly esteemed organiser of the fair.

PS You got ballet tonight or are we drinking whisky?

Cheers

Kenny

dstorm

Hello Kenny

Your words: “Please be 100% assured that your complaints will be dealt with in exactly the same manner as ours were by the previous highly esteemed organiser of the fair”.

Surely you a soft spot somewhere in your heart? Do you not remember that I did offer (for a change) to pay my part of the drinks bill last Saturday?

Do you really mean “the previous highly esteemed organiser of the fair” or do you actually mean “the highly esteemed previous organiser of the fair”?.

Regarding the ballet. You must come and join in. We are doing an African version of Swan Lake. We are replacing the swan with an ostrich. We need you for the lead role.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

gabriel 1

Hi JK

I would have thought that a Jackass Penguin would be more suited. I think I paid half of the drinks bill and I don't even drink apart from the occasional Coke. Anyway it was a pleasure and I at least made some money at the Fair.

I agree that the Fairs have contributed largely to the supply of material to Collectors using BoB as a source to grow their collections. I wish to appeal to Dealers using the Fairs as a source of material to at least consider becoming members of SAPDA (The South African Philatelic Dealers Association), although the Boksburg Fair was never run as a "SAPDA Fair", Jacques, Kenny and myself are all Executive Committee members. Please put something back into the Hobby that we so passionately promote.

JK, you know the powers that be, what are the chances that SAPDA Members have this fact mentioned under their profiles the same as "Approved Sellers" is?

Regards

Gabriel1