Sign in to follow this  
MegaStore

Suggestion : Enhanced Rating System

MegaStore

I get very frustrated when new Bidorbuy buyers gives a Negative rating "out of the blue" - months after the transaction without contacting me first about the problem. I have a suggestion that may assist new buyers to go along the proper path with their ratings.

When a buyer selects to give a negative rating, the system should not accept it immediately. It should Prompt the Buyer with the following:

Did you contact the seller about the Problem that you experienced with the service or product and did you give a reasonable time to respond to your query?

YES | NO

If the seller click NO - a Message box must pop up where the Buyer must type a message to the buyer and select a possible resolution from a list. The seller must then get 24 hours to respond to prevent a Negative rating from becoming permanent.

Maybe the above can be refined a bit more - All the Negs I received in the past was from Newcomers and every time it was a simple issue I could sort out easily.

Etienne

kebs

I second this!

lilythepink

I think this has been discussed before. If I remember correctly (I don't always) we were told it wouldn't happen.

LuckySilver

OOH! I totally, totally AGREE to this!!!

jinxster78

If it were more steps and more difficult to give a negative rating over a neutral or positive one, it could be seen as biast, leading one to the belief the rating system is intended only for positive feedback to note how many sales we have had... not actually dividing good and bad traders.

I know people want to be perfect, but we arent, the vibe of the rating system implies "if you miss perfection you must be crucified", however we dont want this for anyone so we usually give positive feed back even in cases where we are done in but dont have concrete to stand on (eg transport).

Hence... delete the rating system... or at least let them die after a time.. if someone went to jail, they did their time. If you mess up on BoB in 2001, in 2085 your great great grandkids will tell you where you f***ed up.

qball

Please refrain from swearing in your posts. Should we see another example of swearing or multiple threads on the same issue, we will be forced to issue an infraction and possibly a temporary ban.

Your co-operation in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Brasser

Yes, there does appear to be a problem with the rating system especially so with low ranking and as yet uninformed buyers on BOB.

I am particularly concerned by the number of zero and low ranked buyers who dish out big red negative ratings for the most trivial trespasses.

I think BOB admin should have a close look at reviewing the system with a view to imposing an apprenticeship or some similar vetting or settling in period to give the hard done by seller a chance against the onslaught NEGATIVE RATINGS from infrequent visitors to the site