Sign in to follow this  
Vinyl Lady Decals

Upgrading To Firefox 4

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi everyone

I recently upgraded to Firefox 4 and was very disappointed to find that it is terribly slow and unresponsive, much slower than previous Firefox versions. I was tearing my hair out in frustration.:wtf::disgusted:

But, I have found the solution.

If you have the same problem, do the following:

Click on Tools

Click on Options

Click on Advanced

Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available. This is the setting that is causing the problems.

Once you've done that, restart your PC and woala, everything should be back to normal.:grin::grin::grin:

lilythepink

Thanks, Tananka. I have been hesitant to do the upgrade until I knew more about it but this is a tremendous help.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Lily

Other than this problem that is easily fixed.

Once this is fixed, it is faster than previous versions and I am much happier.

Lukeness

One hassle is a lot of the plugins from the old versions are not yet supported by the new version.

voldermort

the only thing i do not like is with this new version when you go onto a site the uploader indictor is gone.

in previous versions you would have the little bar at the bottom right so you could see how quickly it was uploading eg: sapo site which takes forever to load if ever, on this version that is gone so if you go onto a site like sapo you may just wait forever without realising nothing is happening.