Sign in to follow this  
SaracenX

New Sellers

SaracenX

Hello

How can a new seller sell something without any ratings, how do I convince someone to buy what I sell because they wouldnt trust some person with few ratings.

mellowred

Hi Hamas

You are right, getting the first few items sold is not easy, but it may not be as difficult as you think.

Looks like you are selling predominantly gaming items and I assume electronics. You have a few varieties listed so that is a good start. Don't give up listing. One of the forum members - Wayne - is always nagging "list, list, list" and his sales are good.

If you can afford it, put some items up on the R1 crazy auction. Will cost you R5 per listing and you have to be be prepared to let them go for R1 - you may be lucky and get your price though.

This may generate some sales to get you off the ground. The Crazy Auctions are busy, so they generate traffic to your other listings as well.

Good luck

Mandy

JPBon

I for one first started out as a buyer and built up a few ratings in this way before becoming a seller. However I would suggest if you want to start selling off the bat do not try and sell high value items straight off as that always leads to suspicion. One thing you can also try is perhaps a crazy wednesday auction starting at R1 however be prepared to make a loss on a few items and that way build up your reputation.

retailrush

Hi Hamas and welcome to Bid or Buy and the Forum.

Unfortunately, we all face this predicament when we start selling. It just takes one or two buyers to take that chance, (and they will if they want what you are selling). Just make sure that you follow through with excellent service to ensure a positive rating.

I remember my first sale - in my e-mail to the buyer confirming the order I made sure to thank them for taking a chance on me as a new seller... just make it personal and the buyers will respond positively.

Good luck with your endeavours. Let us know how it goes!

Regards

Wendy (retailrush)

SaracenX

Thanks Alot Mandy ,JPBon and RetailRush, Im confident now and know the basics of what to do.

SaracenX

Okay so I decided to sell something cheap , so i picked up a classic cd game and set it to auction at 5 rand n it went up to 241 with a winning auction... :D

mellowred

Hey great news. Congrats Hamas :biggrin:. Wishing you lots of luck. Keep us posted.

TheJeweller
Hello

How can a new seller sell something without any ratings, how do I convince someone to buy what I sell because they wouldnt trust some person with few ratings.

What are you selling?

If I want it, then I don't care for your ratings...

Unless they are negative...

YSLMAGIC

Hi Hamas , a perfect start would be applying to bid or buy for your verified status , if you get the TICK people will know you can be trusted then you just have to follow thorugh with good service so you can get good positive ratings and in no time you can become a top seller :)

whiterebbit

Hi,

I am new to selling too.I just sold some WW@ medals to a guy who put in a price that I accepted after the auction.I notice BoB charged me R10, FNB then took R14-50 for this charge of their own.Thenwhen the money came in for me to see,it hasR12-50 again charged off my total.This seems a little severe to me,R22-50 plus FNB R14-50.That's R37 off my sale price. Could someone please explain that this is correct / normal whatever for a sale totaling R500 ?

Thanks and happy selling.

whiterebbit.:noworry:

whiterebbit

Also, could someone explain to me why the bank sort code I gave to BoB,is NOT the one that came up when I requested the payment to my FNB account? How can I be sure it is not going to someone / somewhere else?:unsure:

qball
Hi,

I am new to selling too.I just sold some WW@ medals to a guy who put in a price that I accepted after the auction.I notice BoB charged me R10, FNB then took R14-50 for this charge of their own.Thenwhen the money came in for me to see,it hasR12-50 again charged off my total.This seems a little severe to me,R22-50 plus FNB R14-50.That's R37 off my sale price. Could someone please explain that this is correct / normal whatever for a sale totaling R500 ?

Thanks and happy selling.

whiterebbit.:noworry:

Thank you for your post. bidorbuy charged you R10 wehen you registered to become an Advanced Seller, this is done to check that your account/credit card is valid. The R10 is then credited to your bidorbuy account. This is a once off payment. We then took R22.50 - our success fee for the transaction from the balance in your bidorbuy account. I am not sure about the R14.50, you would need to ask FNB about that charge. To view our fee rate card please see this page - Help - Selling - Fee Rate Card

qball
Also, could someone explain to me why the bank sort code I gave to BoB,is NOT the one that came up when I requested the payment to my FNB account? How can I be sure it is not going to someone / somewhere else?:unsure:

I cannot locate any payout request on the system for you? The bank code we have on the system is 250655 (please note, FNB uses a generic Universal Branch Code). As long as the account number is correct, you will get paid into that account.

whiterebbit

Hey qball,

A big thank you for clearing that up.Mind at rest.WReb.:noworry: