Sign in to follow this  
Pathway

Knotty problem.

Pathway

I've done a fair amount of beading in my life, but have only just started using that stretchy stuff for bracelets.

How on earth do you knot it so it doesn't come apart? I have a knot the size of the Titanic's iceberg on a bracelet, now. I can't sell that!!!

Please help?:oops:

lilythepink

All you do is make three knots with the elastic, one knot on top of the other as tightly as possible. Then, holding the knot, cut both the ends but leave about 2 mm over. You then, while still holding the knot so it doesn't come loose, take a cigarette lighter and lightly melt the 2mm lengths and quickly "nip" them against the end bead. This is the way I do it but others might know of a better way! (It does take a bit of practise to get the hang of it but once you've done it successfully you'll always do it right!) Good luck.

Little Miss Muffet

Lily's way of doing it is a brilliant idea.

I have always used 2 knots and a drop of bostik.

Vinyl Lady Decals
I have a knot the size of the Titanic's iceberg on a bracelet, now. I can't sell that!!!

Please help?:oops:

Hi oo la la

While I can't help you with your problem, I absolutely love your description :grin::grin:

Little Miss Muffet

Another way to solve this problem is to use a matching button. Thread through holes from bottom to top to bottom and knot.

There are some amazing old buttons around.:idea:

Pathway

Thanks so much! I'll try both ways. When I'm in ICU with severe burns, I'll think of you, Lily!!

lilythepink
Thanks so much! I'll try both ways. When I'm in ICU with severe burns, I'll think of you, Lily!!

You'll only burn your fingers once and never again - you'll soon get the hang of it!! Keep us updated as to your progress so we can sympathise when the burn happens and celebrate when you get it right. LOL