Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Frustrated!!!

Seeds for Africa

I am sure its not just me. I have seen numerous postings on non paying bidders. I get a buy now order today. Buyer leaves a note on the order -" payment will take place between the 25th and 1st of the month". In essence i dont have a problem with a buyer asking BEFORE they bid or buy, if they can pay later, but where do some buyers get off, thinking they can change your terms??? Another buyer, buys, and after a week mails me and says they will pay in 10 days time???

A seller sets terms for a reason, and as far as I am concerned they should ask a question BEFORE they bid or buy if they cant meet those terms.

Something else I just dont get, is that someone can do a buy now and then take a week or longer to pay. I understand to an extent that buyers take longer to do checkout on auctions, but dont get it, that they click on a buy now and then take a week to pay. Would it not make sense that they waited till they were ready to pay before doing the buy now???

babyface2

it is very frustrating since you think you can budget for a certain amount of monies coming in, only to be disallusioned:disgusted:. but i suppose that what the new south africa is about, do as you please and bugger the rest.

TS Ron

It is frustrating.. I do not think these buyers realize that you have the same expenditure as any other business. I just get frustrated when the person does inform me they had paid when it is not reflected on my bank statement. I had made numerous trips to the bank only to be told that they can not find any payment either. To have an apology from the buyer a week later informing sorry she did not pay as yet she paid some one else whom she mistook for me?:disgusted:

Not1CentMore

And then there is this one:

Buyer bids/wins auction. Email confirmation sent. Receive email from buyer this morning, "Sorry but i did not bid on any thing that you sell. I will forward this e-mail to bid or buy infroming that i didnt buy anything from you and that i am not prepaired to pay for any thing that i did not bid on. You are taking one fat chance and i am not prepared to fall for it not1centmore@xxxx.xxx.

To: Bid or Buy

I did not agree to buy any thing from this seller, nor did i bid on any thing he/she sells and am not prepaired to pay for the items from this person."

I sent her a message via BoB's message system AND replied to her email: "If your name is (blank) and your address is (blank) and your phone numbers are (blank) (blank), then it seems you DID bid and DID win auction xxxxxxx."

Surprise...no reply.

And the new buyer who bid/won and sends email he can't afford. Repled and thanked him for email and told him I would file SNC. He replies, "What is SNC"? I copy/paste info on SNC. He replies, "Please have mercy on me and don't file SNC. I am new and didn't know. Please please please".

Some days ya gotta wonder....

TS Ron
And then there is this one:

Buyer bids/wins auction. Email confirmation sent. Receive email from buyer this morning, "Sorry but i did not bid on any thing that you sell. I will forward this e-mail to bid or buy infroming that i didnt buy anything from you and that i am not prepaired to pay for any thing that i did not bid on. You are taking one fat chance and i am not prepared to fall for it not1centmore@xxxx.xxx.

To: Bid or Buy

I did not agree to buy any thing from this seller, nor did i bid on any thing he/she sells and am not prepaired to pay for the items from this person."

I sent her a message via BoB's message system AND replied to her email: "If your name is (blank) and your address is (blank) and your phone numbers are (blank) (blank), then it seems you DID bid and DID win auction xxxxxxx."

Surprise...no reply.

And the new buyer who bid/won and sends email he can't afford. Repled and thanked him for email and told him I would file SNC. He replies, "What is SNC"? I copy/paste info on SNC. He replies, "Please have mercy on me and don't file SNC. I am new and didn't know. Please please please".

Some days ya gotta wonder....

Please ask this particular buyer if he gets this kind of sympathy with his bank? As I would inform him that I would of loved to bank with his bank as there are bills to be paid every month end.

MiemsJewels
It is frustrating.. I do not think these buyers realize that you have the same expenditure as any other business. I just get frustrated when the person does inform me they had paid when it is not reflected on my bank statement. I had made numerous trips to the bank only to be told that they can not find any payment either. To have an apology from the buyer a week later informing sorry she did not pay as yet she paid some one else whom she mistook for me?:disgusted:

It seems to me it's an old trick in the trade for using that as an excuse. Allways the same "Sorry, I mistook you for someone else"

kitsykatsy

Anyone whom i bought from or won an auction, will vouch that i am am a 100% immediate payer ...... but i also managed to be shocked with two sncs !!

The first one hit me like a real wammy .... i was also new and did not know what to do. The second one was a genuine error that i had made ... i had typed in a wrong number in the Seller account number. I did not know this (how could I ?). The next thing that darn snc again. The error was fixed up by BoB and i paid again and all was ok. I still sit with two snc for all to see!! I have now worked out my own Buyer system. When i pay, as soon as payment has been made I email the seller asking the SELLER please, if there is any error, refer it to me first. To quote the Sellers .... "anything can be fixed up with an email or a telephone call". Just my two cents worth !!!! :noworry:

Edited by kitsykatsy
Doubled up on a word