Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

A Dogs Point of View!

DestinysAngels

The mothering instinct of animals.

DestinysAngels

Animal Instinct - Mother's Love!

TS Ron

Destiny Angels do not give me something to watch where animals are in a shelter I just want to go out and adopt them all honestly. I tried walking the dogs at our Animal Shelter I just came back home feeling very morbid. I just heard the most sad story of a dog that was adopted for a week and the people brought him straight back saying they no longer want him! Ouch that I can not handle honestly.

DestinysAngels
Destiny Angels do not give me something to watch where animals are in a shelter I just want to go out and adopt them all honestly. I tried walking the dogs at our Animal Shelter I just came back home feeling very morbid. I just heard the most sad story of a dog that was adopted for a week and the people brought him straight back saying they no longer want him! Ouch that I can not handle honestly.

Sorry, you don't like, but i believe the more people are aware of what is going on, the more we can save and help the babies. Most of the videos i show people is hartwarming, i have not begun to show all the real horrors out there, cause i know people will not appreciate that, unless they of course themselves go and see just what is really going on out there!

These videos i posted is actually heartwarming and should make one see just how wonderfull these creatures are, that they too can feel, think and love, which some people clearly by-passes when they adopt a dog. Animals are for life, just as children are and should be treated with dignity and the respect they deserve, how else do we get the word accross!

I am truely sorry they took the baby back, most people don't realize that shelter dogs are problem dogs and therefore need attention and love they never got before and some don't ask and therefore when the dog gets to them they aren't happy. WHY? Because they did not ask what the needs of the dog is, they did not ask if the dog will fit in with their lifestyle, they just adopted to try and do a good deed and maybe liked what they saw, then the good deed turned into deterement for the poor animal. I am just trying to show people the good side, i am a dog lover and cannot just keep things to myself and not share them, that is why i am a behaviourist, i want to teach and show people that not all is lost and even an old dog can learn new tricks and be happy everafter!

catzcan

Love the videos Destiny! here's my adopted "baby" Duke. He's 1yr old now and I have had him for 3 months. He was very nervous and scared at first, but with lots of love and special care he is now the darling of the house! He now weighs 65 kg and eats a TON:biggrin: but is the most loveable, gentle creature I have ever come across and simply cannot imagine ever not having him around.

duke1.jpg.defb055ef0e90c187caebaf1e77e92d9.jpg

DestinysAngels
Love the videos Destiny! here's my adopted "baby" Duke. He's 1yr old now and I have had him for 3 months. He was very nervous and scared at first, but with lots of love and special care he is now the darling of the house! He now weighs 65 kg and eats a TON:biggrin: but is the most loveable, gentle creature I have ever come across and simply cannot imagine ever not having him around.

:wub:Awwe, thank you so much for showing me your baby and thank you for commenting on the videos, i so appreciate the feedback, if i can make a difference just in one dogs life, i have accomplished the world. Love your baby, he is huge, i have tiny yorkie tots and to him they'd be toothpics, LOL, beautifull dog, is it a Great Dane, he sure has a big head, must be awesome hugging him!

TS Ron

Catzcan is he perhaps a harlequin great dane? As he has the features of one.

catzcan

Yes Asecon, he is a harlequin Great dane. I'm not too sure of his origin as he was found at a deserted house all tied up, but I took him to some experts to look him over and according to them he's quite a specimen. The photos that we took of him initialy all had to be taken in the dark as he was sooo afraid of daylight and space. He was just about afraid of everything, but thats all better now. He's venturing to the end of the garden now and goes as far as the stoep in daylight on his own and when I'm with him he makes it to the grass.

Destiny - It's just awesome to hug him and he has learnt to sleep on the bed with me:nuts:(all my fault!) and I must say his mental state is getting better by the day. Can't wait to start taking him on walks but the vet says it's too soon.

duke2.jpg.6006f5eee72ea752744dcd6b535f895d.jpg

duke3.jpg.47ece6c3fec98bb03b5d021798f7987c.jpg

TS Ron
Yes Asecon, he is a harlequin Great dane. I'm not too sure of his origin as he was found at a deserted house all tied up, but I took him to some experts to look him over and according to them he's quite a specimen. The photos that we took of him initialy all had to be taken in the dark as he was sooo afraid of daylight and space. He was just about afraid of everything, but thats all better now. He's venturing to the end of the garden now and goes as far as the stoep in daylight on his own and when I'm with him he makes it to the grass.

Destiny - It's just awesome to hug him and he has learnt to sleep on the bed with me:nuts:(all my fault!) and I must say his mental state is getting better by the day. Can't wait to start taking him on walks but the vet says it's too soon.

Catzan you a saint rescuing this dog. I can imagine sleeping a Great Dane.As my sons sleep with their dogs at night a Labrador and two Jack Russels. I am sure my sons spend most of the night on the floor while the dogs sleep in bliss on the bed. I once in my life owned a Harlequin Great Dane and seeing his pic took me back many years. My bed is reserved for the feral tom cats. That is there safe haven.

lilythepink

I, too, have admiration for Catzcan rescuing this beautiful Great Dane. What a lucky dog he is. (We have one who lives across the road from us whose name is "Saint". He's quite an "ugly" fellow (if a dog can be ugly) but at only 9 months now he is gi-normous and has a bark deep enough to give anyone a fright if they're up to no good!

Anyone who rescues animals from the animal shelters and gives them a loving home needs a medal!

StudMuffinsMissus

I adopted this Bulldog & Bullmastiff (seperate occassions) a few months ago. I can honestly say I love them to death :love: don't know what I would do without them! So what if Bova (Bulldog) slept through my car getting broken into last night, Lilly the mastiff was inside unfortunately. I'll just get myself some Roboguard beams on BoB!

Bulldog..jpg.aaf1b6fa266adee6ceb4af9958841f4c.jpg

Lilly..jpg.c6462cbbfccf0dec46d6d4714b42c45c.jpg

lilythepink

Hats off to you p850 for rescuing these two really lucky dogs! I suppose Bova was snoring too loudly so he didn't hear the car break-inners! Sorry for you!

Think about putting a rubber snake on your dashboard - that will make people think twice before they break into your car!

booksallsizes

If you want someone who will eat whatever you put in front of him and never say it's not quite as good as his mother's

Then adopt a dog.

If you want someone always willing to go out, at any hour,

For as long and wherever you want ...

Then adopt a dog

If you want someone who will never touch the remote, doesn't care

About football, and can sit next to you as you watch romantic movies..

Then adopt a dog.

If you want someone who is content to get on your bed just to

Warm your feet and whom you can push off if he snores

...then adopt a dog !

If you want someone who never criticizes what you do, doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old, who acts as if every word you say is especially worthy of listening to, and loves you unconditionally, perpetually .

..then adopt a dog.

BUT, on the other hand, if you want someone who will never come when you call, ignores you totally when you come home, leaves hair all over the place, walks all over you, runs around all night and only comes home to eat and sleep, and acts as if your entire existence is solely to ensure his happiness ....

..then adopt a cat!

dstorm

Hello DA

How to you stop a dog from growing?

We adopted a very young Boerbull puppy (yes, so we were told). He was found on the street by someone when he was perhaps five or six weeks old. This little creature is now a few months old. To me he now looks like a cross between a Sharpei and a Pit Bull. But he is just becoming longer and longer, while his height is staying constant.

Is he crossed with a dachshund or is his heart just becoming bigger?

Regards

Jacques

PS: This little one chewed up more stamps and cost me more damage than what his food for the next year would cost – that is even if I were to feed him fillet steaks only.

DestinysAngels
Hello DA

How to you stop a dog from growing?

We adopted a very young Boerbull puppy (yes, so we were told). He was found on the street by someone when he was perhaps five or six weeks old. This little creature is now a few months old. To me he now looks like a cross between a Sharpei and a Pit Bull. But he is just becoming longer and longer, while his height is staying constant.

Is he crossed with a dachshund or is his heart just becoming bigger?

Regards

Jacques

PS: This little one chewed up more stamps and cost me more damage than what his food for the next year would cost – that is even if I were to feed him fillet steaks only.

Please PM me with photo's of your doggie, dogs normally stop growing at 6 months, the yorky stops at about 3 months, some can still grow untill about 4-5 months. Bigger breeds can still grow untill 8-10 months, depending on their genetics and being a mixed breed it is a bit harder to say. If i see a clear picture i would be able to assess him a bit better. Please let me also know what you think he might be crossed with more, the Shar-Pei or the Pit-Bull, then i will be able to tell you what i think (Genetically), in the PM give me a full description of where and how you obtained him, what he's been through, what you feed him and what you do to train him, also very important is to tell me how you handle him in certain situations!

Kind Regards,

Mari'

Edited by DestinysAngels

lilythepink

Your comments about how dogs' growth can vary makes for interesting reading, Mari.

The same applies to cats - Chinchilla Persians take up to 3 years to reach their maximum body mass and size, yet "common" alley cats will be fully developed by 9 months of age!

DestinysAngels
Your comments about how dogs' growth can vary makes for interesting reading, Mari.

The same applies to cats - Chinchilla Persians take up to 3 years to reach their maximum body mass and size, yet "common" alley cats will be fully developed by 9 months of age!

Thanks Jan, yes it certainly is pretty interesting, i have an assignment due for the 27th, when i am done with it i will write an indepth article for all to see, in the mean time i will do some thorough research on the subject, i will place the article asa i am done with it!