Sign in to follow this  
Libertas Computers

How to show 'Special Delivery' on shipping page

Libertas Computers

Hi there folks,

My apologies for being away for so long, things have gotten quite busy around here.

I've got a question that I don't know how to deal with..

Our courier essentially has 2 options for delivery, Main Centers and Regional. There is however the extreme case where a delivery does not fall under any of these 2 options. These are called 'Special Delivery' and there is not price on that as it will be quoted once requested.

So far this only came up once, but I've got a feeling that I'm sitting with a similar order at the moment.

My question basically is to know how to I deal with this if a client paid the R120 for Regional, but now has to put another R200 without getting a negative rating? I can't find a place before placing the order that there might be some extreme case for delivery and can't make a new delivery option, as it differs literally per town...

Any advise would be appreciated..

@Cuan or Andries, if you feel it needs to be moved somewhere else, feel free to do so.

Fred

JPBon

I would say just add it to your listings under postage.

Libertas Computers
I would say just add it to your listings under postage.

I can put it on the listing's description itself, yes..

The plan was to put it on the shipping options, but there is not option for it.. My idea was putting in something saying that there are extreme cases where a delivery will need to be quoted before it can be sent, but like I said, it differs per town, so I can't put a price to it until I know the delivery address as some are R200, but some are R700..

Vinyl Lady Decals

Perhaps add it to the detail above the shipping rates - make it bold and underlined so it stands out.

You go to the relevant shipping product class and click on edit next to the product class name.