Sign in to follow this  
daddie2610

What will be next

daddie2610

Know these "donkey" images of Claerhout on BoB is a very touchy subject for a very long time, but now the donkey is starting to appear on clay!!!

How will it ever be possible to obtain a COA for this work. Any thoughts on this one

Stone - This clay panel was made whilst Father Claerhout was in Medi Clinic in 2006 Opp of a lifetime for sale in Bloemfontein (ID:37646452):shock:

lilythepink

Old Claerhout was allowed to work with clay in Medi Clinic??? Did they provide him with a workshop?

kyle2

I find the donkey saga quite fascinating, perhaps they can make some little donkey figurines next time too!:disgusted:

Some jackass might actually bid on it?LOL.

JPBon

I should up all my prices seeing as the artist is also dead. I still don't get it.

MsPlod

One of the things I find the most fascinating is that this trader only seems to sell donkey motif items. Claerhout's work covered such a variety of Free State life... Hmmmmm??

That clay looks VERY wet to me! Anyone else here do clay modelling?

Have a look here... http://www.arteditions.co.za/frans-claerhout-prints.html

Edited by MsPlod
Added link to a selection of Claerhout's "non-donkey" work...

Seeds for Africa
Old Claerhout was allowed to work with clay in Medi Clinic??? Did they provide him with a workshop?

This is completely and utterly bizarre, unlikely, but not impossible! I have posted on numerous threads on the claerhout work, and so many questions remain unanswered like what the outcome was with the work that was checked and found to have wet paint (years after the artists death), and was supposedly not in the style of the artist. How big are these sellers collections? It seems endless..... Wouldnt it be nice to get a few simple answers to some simple questions? I am NOT accusing anyone of anything but for the excellent reputation of bob, and the reputation of the sellers they really should provide some more transparency! There again thats my opinion!

A quick review of the sellers of Clarehout paintings, ratings shows that over 600 have been sold. Wonder how many more are available?

Heres an exercise. I will buy one of these, and have it checked out by an expert. I guess there would be some art experts on the forum more than willing to check my purchase for me! To the art experts, please PM me if you are willing to verify the purchase I intend on making. Thanks

Edited by Seeds for Africa
Added

lilythepink

Good luck to you, Grant. There is so little space in a hospital room so I think if this article was genuinely produced in Medi-Clinic, old Father Claerhout was given a workshop and tools! And, if he was well enough to produce clay donkey thingies then it begs the question - why was he in hospital?

Somebody seems to think we are all (including BoB!) fools! That's what gets my goat (as opposed to my donkey!).

daddie2610

I do own 4 Claerhout works of art, each with a COA issued by 2 different art dealers, totally different to these "works". I also find it hard to believe that these donkey work are the only art left by Claerhout. If you go to reputable art dealers you will pay in excess of R12000-R15000 for a A4 charcoal donkey by the great master himself.

Should I not ask the seller for a COF and see what answer I get. Sad to say that the certified copy of a letter by Claerhout by SAPS means nothing, niks, lutu...how can you certify a copy of a copy.

Is it not time for BoB to step in once and for ever to route out these donkeys and painted flowers:shock:

Seeds for Africa
Good luck to you, Grant. There is so little space in a hospital room so I think if this article was genuinely produced in Medi-Clinic, old Father Claerhout was given a workshop and tools! And, if he was well enough to produce clay donkey thingies then it begs the question - why was he in hospital?

Somebody seems to think we are all (including BoB!) fools! That's what gets my goat (as opposed to my donkey!).

I am not accusing anyone of anything, but if questions were answered it would benefit the sellers (as in they would have much more buyer confidence which would result in more sales and higher prices), and it would benefit bob as with more sales and better prices they would have more in success fees. As you say, unlikely but not impossible!

Pathway

Come on guys, we're missing an opportunity here, think of it!!! Donkey notepaper. Donkey earrings and pendants. Plastic donkeys with moveable arms and legs - oops, I mean legs. Donkey t-shirts and jackets. Stand aside, Winnie the Pooh, donkey wallpaper for the baby's room, with donkey quilts and pillow cases. It goes on and on...

TS Ron
Come on guys, we're missing an opportunity here, think of it!!! Donkey notepaper. Donkey earrings and pendants. Plastic donkeys with moveable arms and legs - oops, I mean legs. Donkey t-shirts and jackets. Stand aside, Winnie the Pooh, donkey wallpaper for the baby's room, with donkey quilts and pillow cases. It goes on and on...

No I want one thats eyes light up in the back of the car everytime we brake a little plastic one with a nodding head etc! I would also like it to lift it is tail at some idiot driving on my tail in traffic as well. Or request the idiot to pin the donkeys tail?

Seeds for Africa
Know these "donkey" images of Claerhout on BoB is a very touchy subject for a very long time, but now the donkey is starting to appear on clay!!!

How will it ever be possible to obtain a COA for this work. Any thoughts on this one

Stone - This clay panel was made whilst Father Claerhout was in Medi Clinic in 2006 Opp of a lifetime for sale in Bloemfontein (ID:37646452):shock:

People we are reading this wrong!!! There is nothing to say that Claerhout made it..... all they are saying was it was made "whilst he was in the clinic"!!!:bigsmile::biggrin::grin::biggrin:

lilythepink

Will there be room for us to put a type of F.Claerhout signature on a pair of earrings? LOL

Grant - there is a "F Claerhout" signature on the clay piece. Do you think the old chap used the theatre at Medi Clinic in 2006 specially to do this? The theatre may have have had some types of instruments he could have used to scratch the donkey into the clay?

I wish a pox on all the people who are producing forgeries!

Edited by lilythepink

Seeds for Africa
One of the things I find the most fascinating is that this trader only seems to sell donkey motif items. Claerhout's work covered such a variety of Free State life... Hmmmmm??

That clay looks VERY wet to me! Anyone else here do clay modelling?

Have a look here... Art Editions ›› Frans Claerhout Prints

Heres whats next!!! Just to add a bit of variety we have Mary and baby ***** riding on the donkey

Acrylics - A3 mixed media Charcoal pastels and paint Makes this Mary and baby ***** on donkey by F Claerhout for sale in Bloemfontein (ID:37980967)

I wonder if there were any more sculptures done at Mediclinic? Cant wait to see what comes next!!!

Edited by Seeds for Africa

MsPlod

I wonder whether the picture with mother and child on donkey was lacquered? Very shiny at the top of the picture, reminds me of this...

Watching Paint Dry WEBCAM! images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOM6DHEMS_WkiXPzTvEX0arB6wSYrKFvqdtPF_MUcBM7cF_alPHmmmmmm.....???????????????????

mellowred

Very interesting that one person has so many originals from one artist. Family member perhaps?:sneaky: