Sign in to follow this  
carballs

Buyitsigned and BOB fraud!!

carballs

A while ago I posted a thread about suspecting "Buyitsigned" of selling forged sport memorabilia.I first emailed all the institutions he claimed to be associated with for verification,prior to buying one of the items.Not to my surprise,non of them knew of him.I then informed BOB of this.BOB said that "buyitsigned" provides certificates of authenticity with his items and therefore,they are ok with him selling these items.So 2 months ago (26 Feb '11),I bought a Spain,away soccer shirt with 10 of the 11 world cup players' signatures on it.I sent it to America,to a company called "Psa/Dna".They are one of a very few companies with the credibility and technoligy to check signatures.They reported that ALL signature were fake and gave detailed reasons for each one.I then informed "buyitsigned" by posting a negative rating.He refunded me 2 weeks later and filed a SNC on BOB.

THIS IS WHERE I GET CONFUSSED...all of a sudden my negative rating dissapears from "buyitsigned's' ratings!! Why?..well because he filed a SNC and refunded me.This removes my feedback!! Did you guys know this?? The whole point of this excercise was to prove to BOB that his items are forgeries and to prevent others from falling victim to his scam.I went through the trouble of proving that all signed items by Torres, Villa, Iniesta, Casillas, Xabi Alonso, Reina, Fabregas, Puyol, Xavi and Capdevila are forged.BOB has allowed their feedback system to favour the seller and not the unsuspecting buyer.All correspondece and proofs regarding MY investigation can be verified with a guy called Bennet Massyn from BOB community watch.As far as he's concerned,and the rest of the BOB team he represents,the seller has (homemade) certificates of authenticity and has not commited a crime."Buyitsigned" continues to auction sport memorabilia with 5 star ratings and....BOB continues to earn commision from his scam....

lilythepink

When an SNC is filed, all ratings "disappear" until the SNC has been finalised - usually 7 days after it has been filed, when the ratings given will all reappear.

If you need help and explanations, send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, giving them ALL the facts and proof of the fake signatures. Someone at BoB will take action and do the necessary if it is warranted. You can also report it to the Department of Inland Revenue providing you do have actual proof of the fake signatures!

JPBon

With the new Consumer Act they could be in for a shock is someone takes them to task as things like certifying ones goods and selling fakes is highly frowned upon

Wild Olive Art

I find this disgusting ! In a case where it has been proven, with written reports and evidence that a buyer is blatantly committing fraud , Bidorbuy should blacklist the seller immediately or at very least suspend his account while the seller tries to defend his case.

If I was conned by a seller in this manner and he was allowed to continue selling his fake goods , I would take the story to the media . I absolutely HATE being ripped off !

carballs

I need some heavy weights behind this..

All correspondent emails with Dsa\Pna (accredited authority for checking and certifying autographs) and UACC have been forwarded to BOB prior to my findings showing them that "buyitsigned" was NOT affiliated to these companies,as he has claimed in his discriptions of the items he sells.The letter of proof from Psa\Pna was sent to BOB nearly a month ago and the negative feedback was given the same time.It's still not visible on his ratings.I know it takes 7 days,so where is it?? I have called BOBs Bennet Massyn about this and he seems surprised it's not there and said he will look into it.After a week I folllowed up with him and the reply I got was that the "SNC was concluded and thus the removal of the rating".

What else must I do??

Vinyl Lady Decals

Perhaps Cuan should be approached directly with the evidence as this is not acceptable at all.

zerohour

If this is all true then possibly hundreds of people have been ripped off!..

I don’t know whether the sellers items are kosher I don’t have the evidence but any Google search with the works “scam signed sports memorabilia” brings up enough to make one very wary!

Edited by zerohour

RAG Auctioneers

Something should be done about this... :sad2:

qball

First of all, please let's stick to the facts, people that have not purchased from the seller should not be calling people scammers without proof or on the grounds of what someone else says. We will be investigating further but please do not expect an immediate response as it will take time to go through everything. These are very serious allegations and will need time to be investigated.

When the seller was asked to come to our offices to verify the items in November, he brought photos with him and the person who autographed the item showing that they signed the item, certificates, including PSA/DNA certificates, it was therefore reasonable to assume everything was in order and we were at that stage satisfied at what was presented to us. The seller also buys items from other third parties and does offer a full money back guarantee should the item not be genuine.

Regarding the SNC - because the sale was unsuccessful and the from what I have been told the buyer has been refunded, but did not appeal the SNC, the system automatically removes the rating until the SNC is finalised. As the buyer did not appeal the rating remains off the site due to the fact that the system sees the transaction as unsuccessful. The fees have also been credited back to the seller so bidorbuy has not earned a cent from this transaction.

This thread will remain locked until we have been through everything again.

Thank you for your understanding in this regard.

Kind regards

Cuan