Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Frustrating when cash deposit fees are excluded!

Cali Craft and Gems

I've just about had it with some buyers!

It is stated clearly and frequently throughout the order process, yet some buyers flatly refuse to add in the cash deposit fee!

Take this latest transaction:

One gem at R4.50

Shipping R40.09 (she insists on insuring the parcel)

Total paid R44.59

Less cash deposit fee of R16.50

Less cost of gem R3.80

Less shipping R40.09

Leaves me having to pay her to buy the item! (at R15.71 short!!!)

Can I please have permission to leave the office early? I need a strong cup of coffee and a holiday!

SProducts

Its irritating for the sellers, you have to remind the buyer to pay this and now you have an incompletesale which gives you extra work. Some buyers will not respond and the sale will drag for weeks before they pay the difference and then they start pushing you for the parcel forgetting they were responsible for delays.

Just today I had one buyer with a total order of R275.00. I get BobPay EFT email that she paid R170.00 through cash deposit, I email to inform them they underpaid and even remind them to include cash deposit fees when paying the rest. About an hour later I get another email, she has paid an additional R100.00 also through cash deposit.

The payment is still short with R5.00, she also needs to pay R33.00 for the 2 cash deposits and also add another R16.50 for the 3rd cash deposit. Looking at this she has wasted R33.00 and I cant take up the costs.

JPBon

I think Bob should add a little tick box into the payment screens which adds the cash deposit fee if they tick that they are paying by cash.

lilythepink
I think Bob should add a little tick box into the payment screens which adds the cash deposit fee if they tick that they are paying by cash.

Good idea, JP. But will buyers actually read it?

Cali Craft and Gems

Said buyer has sent me an email stating that she flat out refuses to pay the cash deposit fees - firstly because her bank said that this is not the fee due, plus that she's a struggling student so can't afford the fees.

I've replied politely to her via the system stating that this transaction is now cancelled as I refuse to have to pay for her to take the R4.50 item (I lose on around R15 overall). In my previous correspondence with her, I gave her the option - either pay the fees due, or the order will be cancelled.

I feel that I've done everything in my power to conclude this transaction amicably, but she refuses to budge. This being her very first transaction too does not bode well for her future on BoB! I have not rated her, but I have filed a SNC giving an appropriate explanation.

If she can't afford to pay for stuff (according to her email), then why on earth does she buy the goodies in the first place??? I see trouble coming with this buyer!

All ratings received by jenzilee on bidorbuy.co.za

MiemsJewels
I've just about had it with some buyers!

It is stated clearly and frequently throughout the order process, yet some buyers flatly refuse to add in the cash deposit fee!

Take this latest transaction:

One gem at R4.50

Shipping R40.09 (she insists on insuring the parcel)

Total paid R44.59

Less cash deposit fee of R16.50

Less cost of gem R3.80

Less shipping R40.09

Leaves me having to pay her to buy the item! (at R15.71 short!!!)

Can I please have permission to leave the office early? I need a strong cup of coffee and a holiday!

I had almost the same problem with a buyer who only paid R5 shipping on a R31 item. Said that she double checked the shipping and it said R5 per addissional item. She bid and win only 1 item from me. I refunded her R36 this morning. She also bought from Hildat and Gemsnjewels and she think that we are the same seller. I'm gonna blow a gasket one of these days. Needless to say....I blocked her from buying from me again.

1x1_trans.gif

1x1_trans.gif

babyface2

some buyers i think has nothing better to do than waste our time.

Cali i would also have cancelled the order, does this buyer think you are running a charity

Cali Craft and Gems

The buyer has now been phoning bidorbuy pleading her innocence, and bad-mouthing me! I've spoken to Candice who said she will handle this matter on my behalf.

The buyer also sent me a nasty email claiming that I've been rude and unprofessional towards her, and stated straight out that she will be rating me negatively. She had appealed the SNC that I filed to cancel the transaction claiming all sorts of nonsense and excuses.

Why are some people like this? I'm trying to run a business, not a charity!

Cali Craft and Gems

Discovered something that explains it all...

This buyer is still in high school! Account disabled...

SProducts
Why are some people like this? I'm trying to run a business, not a charity!

They think its your hobby!