Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

BoB EFT for new sellers?

ziggy2000

Hi, I need advice please? I have an assistant who recently completed a computer course and I would like to assist him to register him his own username as he has been selling on my site for a while for extra income. He has a bank account but I would like to set up BoB EFT for payments. Can new users use this facility or is it only for Verified Users?

Edited by ziggy2000
spelling

JPBon

Payment options are used to indicate to potential Buyers the various forms of payment you as a Seller will accept. You set up your payment options once and then these options will automatically apply to all your listings. It is recommended (but not required) that you offer the online payment options provided by bidorbuy (called bobPay) as these are tightly integrated with the other sales tools provided thereby making management of your sales much easier. Basic Sellers are however restricted to receiving payments by bobPay EFT only. If you would like to accept other payment options such as direct EFT into your own bank account you will need to become an Advanced Seller.

ziggy2000

Thanks for the quick response JPBON. Ok, so new sellers are compelled to use BoB EFT, when I started I used my bank account so it has changed. What I also want to know, we will be operating from the same computer, everything will be above board as I will inform BoB about this and will also notify the forum about his username - can I use my e-mail address or will I have to create an e-mail address for him? It would just make is much easier using the same e-mail address?

Edited by ziggy2000
add note

SProducts

I think its a new rule that basic sellers can only accept BobPay EFT and no othe method. I think sharing a computer wont be a problem, but you wont be allowed to bid on each other's items. To be safe, contact Bidorbuy so they know about your situation and this will help in case there are suspicions for shill bidding. You need to create them their own email address, you cant use the same email for 2 different accounts and you also need to register with their own ID as yours is porbably on the system and wont be accepted for a second account.

ziggy2000

Hi SProducts, I realise that shill bidding is a real problem and obviously will not go that way, therefor my comment that his username will be posted on the Forum and also with BoB for transparency reasons. I will be using all his details (ID number, his own bank account etc) and will also create an e-mail address for him. Thanks for your assistance.